Orange, California

I understand this is a corporation, but if they truly love animals, they should have that paramount in their treatment, and not the almighty dollar. I went in for an injury with my pet and was forced to wait 2 hours.

When they saw my pet, they prepared a treatment plan that totaled $275 for a dew claw that was bleeding. I told them I could not afford that and requested that a new estimate be considered. They told me there were no alternatives, and if I chose to leave, I still had to pay the $45.95 office visit ( for a temp check). I left with my injured dog and treated him at home until I could get him to my own vet.

We saw my own vet and had the dog treated for the injury and he received antibiotics and the total charge was $78!!! When I complained on their site, they called me and I asked for a refund of my $45.95, and was told they could not do that.

Interestingly enough, two days ago in the Wall Street Journal, it indicated that Petsmart's profits increased 20% last quarter!!! I think I now know what is more important....NEVER AGAIN!

Comments

BANFIELD IS NOT IN ANYWAY WHATSOEVER THE SAME COMPANY AS PETSMART. TOTALLY SEPARATE COMPANIES.

If you got the physical exam, you need to pay for the exam, no matter how you feel about the treatment plan. The vet and nurses are not volunteers, interestingly enough, just like you, they need money to be able to eat and have a place to live.

I've worked at Banfield, and now somewhere else... I can tell you a lot of services are NOT cheaper..

in fact none...

and there is no budging on estimates. Its ridiculous.

But Petsmart and Banfield are not affiliated, Petsmart gets no profits from Banfield.

However, I agree you should still have to pay for your office visit as you are still taking up doctor/staff time whether or not you agree to treat your pet or not

Would you try to call your own doctor for a refund even though he took the time to look at and talk to you?? You are totally devaluing the doctors time and exam he/she did on your pet.

I wouldn't take my pets anywhere else but Banfield! I will admit, some things seem a little pricey, but in the big picture, I am glad that I paid what I paid to make sure that my pets were healthy and safe.

My male dog had a small bump on his foot that my 'regular' vet said was nothing. I got a second opinion by a Banfield doctor and we decided to have the bump removed. It turns out it was a Mast Cell tumor! If we didn't remove it, he would be dead now!

It's been three years and we are cancer free, thanks to the wonderful doctor at banfield. And, as far as being refunded for the office visit, you saw the doctor, they took the time to see your pet and make an estimate, they deserve to be paid.

Banfield Pet Hospital

@Anonymous,

We are glad to hear that you were able to get satisfactory treatment for your pet.

Banfield strives to be competitively priced in the marketplace. You'll find that many of the most popular veterinary products and services are less expensive at Banfield than at other veterinary practices. While certain procedures, such as surgery, may appear to be more costly at Banfield, this is due to the measures we have in place to ensure the safety of every Pet we treat, such as pre-anesthetic bloodwork, which we require prior to any surgical procedure.

Also, to clarify, PetSmart and Banfield are not affiliated. Banfields are simply located inside of many PetSmart locations.