Banfield Pet Hospital killed my Chihuahua because they used an old method of removing Edema fluid

Banfield sedated my dog to turn her upside down and shake her to remove fluid from her lungs, it stopped her heart.I don't have proof her heart stopped, but reviving your pet adds another $500, so it could be a way of making money for the payroll.

I did witness the heart massage that may have broken her rib as I was told. She went into a coma or may have been dead when I went into the exam room, they said she would need to go to an overnight hospital. I wanted to take her to another vet, but they knew the overdose would have been detected. They had me come into the exam room and talk and touch my dog, except they never told me she had passed away, her eyes were dilated and non responsive.

She was so overdosed or in a coma I even asked what was wrong with her eyes, they never answered. I thought she was still under the sedative. They urged me to sign the consent to euthanize, but days later I thought she may have already been dead, when they didn't answer my question of what was wrong with her eyes. Banfield got $175 to kill my dog.

I was told I had 2 weeks to pay the balance of $525 while my dog was being killed twice. My neighbors dog had edema (Fluid) and it was removed with a large needle, my dog was sedated so the vet could hold her by her hind legs and shaken. This is an old treatment, the sedative killed my dog, her heart and lungs were stressed, she couldn't breathe on her own, no oxygen was used the three times I was in the exam room. They didn't have the decency to tell me she had passed away when I was talking with her and petting her.

Now it's all I see, her lifeless eyes.

She'd be here if only they had used an updated method of care, and a local anesthetic injected sedative that impaired her heart and lungs.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 11 No 11
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 04, 2013 #725521 Crystal Lake, Illinois

Banfield killed your pet. Go post your story on Regret A Vet Facebook :roll

2 10 Reply

Jan 24, 2015 #935844 Richmond, Illinois

2 1 Reply
getting concerned for your men

Sep 23, 2013 #720763

Again???? Why do you keep posting the same old story, making a few subtle changes to it each time & not listening to all the advise that other people (including several vets) have tried to give you? I have seen on your other postings multiple calm, well explained reasons why your pet passed away that clearly explained the process/medications etc were given & recommended. You are either not reading, not understanding or just DESPERATE for someone to blame other than yourself. You are seriously coming across like a crazy person at this point. I second some of the advise offered on prior posts & recommend you stop looking for sympathy from strangers online, stop wasting time hoping for a non-existent lawsuit, and seek some mental health counselling as a matter of urgency.

9 4 Reply

Sep 21, 2013 #719744 Chicago, Illinois

I think Banfield killed your dog.

5 3 Reply

Sep 19, 2013 #719202

How many times are you going to post the same story? You've been posting this since July, and MORE THAN ONE veterinarian not associated with Banfield has told you that NOTHING medically inappropriate occurred. I'm just wondering how much longer you are going to blame the veterinarians instead of understanding that your dog simply could not be saved? If this sounds insensitive - I'm sorry. I'm just really sick and tired of you trying to blame the people that were there to help.

9 4 Reply
Dr. Chinkee Eyes

Sep 19, 2013 #718926

I know a LOT of little dogs that I would love to turn upside down and :x shake the *** out of because they are sooooo annoying!

1 12 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.