Banfield Pet Hospital killed my Chihuahua because they used an old method of removing Edema fluid
Banfield sedated my dog to turn her upside down and shake her to remove fluid from her lungs, it stopped her heart.I don't have proof her heart stopped, but reviving your pet adds another $500, so it could be a way of making money for the payroll.
I did witness the heart massage that may have broken her rib as I was told. She went into a coma or may have been dead when I went into the exam room, they said she would need to go to an overnight hospital. I wanted to take her to another vet, but they knew the overdose would have been detected. They had me come into the exam room and talk and touch my dog, except they never told me she had passed away, her eyes were dilated and non responsive.
She was so overdosed or in a coma I even asked what was wrong with her eyes, they never answered. I thought she was still under the sedative. They urged me to sign the consent to euthanize, but days later I thought she may have already been dead, when they didn't answer my question of what was wrong with her eyes. Banfield got $175 to kill my dog.
I was told I had 2 weeks to pay the balance of $525 while my dog was being killed twice. My neighbors dog had edema (Fluid) and it was removed with a large needle, my dog was sedated so the vet could hold her by her hind legs and shaken. This is an old treatment, the sedative killed my dog, her heart and lungs were stressed, she couldn't breathe on her own, no oxygen was used the three times I was in the exam room. They didn't have the decency to tell me she had passed away when I was talking with her and petting her.
Now it's all I see, her lifeless eyes.
She'd be here if only they had used an updated method of care, and a local anesthetic vs.an injected sedative that impaired her heart and lungs.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Veterinary Service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "My two legged pitbull was killed by the office politics of Banfield. They not only over charge for their services, which are often provided by the tech instead of the..."
- "My dog died after receiving the vaccine in Banfield in Countryside..I so sad because he was our baby in home ..."
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "2 things to start with we bought this tv after many comparsions and all around search not even 3 months ago. Still well within the warranty,AFTER a few days plugged..."
- "Ordered a Nikon M-223 scope yesterday on what appeared to be a black Friday sale, only to get an email today stating that they screwed up and that even though..."
- "I just got through sending them an email expressing my dissatisfaction in a $180 order. The pens were junk. Paper glued to a cheap pen. A kitchen towel that was..."