Banfield Pet Hospital killed my Chihuahua because they used an old method of removing Edema fluid
Banfield sedated my dog to turn her upside down and shake her to remove fluid from her lungs, it stopped her heart.I don't have proof her heart stopped, but reviving your pet adds another $500, so it could be a way of making money for the payroll.
I did witness the heart massage that may have broken her rib as I was told. She went into a coma or may have been dead when I went into the exam room, they said she would need to go to an overnight hospital. I wanted to take her to another vet, but they knew the overdose would have been detected. They had me come into the exam room and talk and touch my dog, except they never told me she had passed away, her eyes were dilated and non responsive.
She was so overdosed or in a coma I even asked what was wrong with her eyes, they never answered. I thought she was still under the sedative. They urged me to sign the consent to euthanize, but days later I thought she may have already been dead, when they didn't answer my question of what was wrong with her eyes. Banfield got $175 to kill my dog.
I was told I had 2 weeks to pay the balance of $525 while my dog was being killed twice. My neighbors dog had edema (Fluid) and it was removed with a large needle, my dog was sedated so the vet could hold her by her hind legs and shaken. This is an old treatment, the sedative killed my dog, her heart and lungs were stressed, she couldn't breathe on her own, no oxygen was used the three times I was in the exam room. They didn't have the decency to tell me she had passed away when I was talking with her and petting her.
Now it's all I see, her lifeless eyes.
She'd be here if only they had used an updated method of care, and a local anesthetic vs.an injected sedative that impaired her heart and lungs.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Veterinary Service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "On 11/26/14, I took my Pomeranian, Missy to the Banfield in Deptford, NJ. The vet who normally sees my 3 dogs was not in (Dr Oliver).So Missy was seen by..."
- "First Shield Flea Medication sold by Banfield Pet Hospital in Pet Smart is poison. I do Not use Banfield as vet for my animals, but sometimes purchased Front line flea..."
- "This organization only purpose seems to be to extract as much money as possible from pet owners. Especially if your pet is ill. All other functions are secondary, bottom of..."
- "I watched a Sonic commercial promoting their breakfast. I didn't even know they had breakfast and I live right around the corner. I arrive around 8am and I was the..."
- "There is a dangerous and anonymous cyber-terrorist going around the internet named MrMikesArseHole. He has several accounts on YouTube and on other sites he uses to torture people with and..."
- "I just got through sending them an email expressing my dissatisfaction in a $180 order. The pens were junk. Paper glued to a cheap pen. A kitchen towel that was..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "I have been a Primus customer for about 8 months and read the bad reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. I can confirm the bad reviews, it..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."