The purpose of this mail is to express how upset and disappointed I am about Banfield's, lack of professionalism, lack of people touch and rudeness.
About eight month ago our Miniature Poodle named Bella, swallowed a rubber object that caused an obstruction in her intestines and was removed surgically by Dr. Zarestky at Banfield Boca Raton.
After the surgery Bella recovered apparently well, on Mother's day Bella started vomiting and not feeling well, symptoms that she develops previously and after the surgery that lasted one day. That Sunday night symptoms worsen and Monday I took Bella to the Hospital, they run blood test and they found nothing abnormal, so they decided to take X Rays, and they come back but Banfield doctors were not able to read them, and they send them to an Specialist to be read, after what they decided to operate to look at an apparent obstruction in her intestines, to what we agreed.
About three hours after the decision to operate and around 3:00 PM on Monday Dr. Hoot who was operating Bella this time call me to inform that he found a very large section on Bella's intestines black and, what he called dead, due to lack circulation of blood and oxygen and need it to be removed, and Bella will not be able to live too long on these condition, if she survives the surgery, so put her to sleep was the most Humane and painful decision that I had to made in my life so far.
I cry every day since Bella is gone, in just 20 short months lived she gave me and my family so much joy and happiness that the pain of not having her becomes unbearable at times, Snow, our Bichon Frise, her inseparable companion misses her and she not the same since.
When I asked the doctor, what caused the intestines to turned out that way, his answer was, I don't know, answer that was very disappointed, at that a realized that my mistake was put my beloved Bella in the wrong hands.
The very next day Juan Lopez, Manager of the Hospital started top call me to collect the $1000.00 that the whole ordeal cost us, I was in no condition to discuss that at that time.
I found that in less than 10 days the account was place in collection, I also found, in my research, and these are by far my most disturbing findings, that dogs that had surgery like Bella had, are more likely to develop a condition known as, Gastro esophageal (GEI) and pylorogastric intussusceptions, and they need special attention if change in their eating habit occur.
I took Bella twice after the surgery because she was not eating well or not eating at all, and to express my concern about her weight, and they told me every time: she's fine.
I went back to the hospital about a week ago and wanted to talk with Dr. Hoot, he was not in the Hospital at the time and I left a message for him to call me, next day Dr. Zarestky called me to explained what they found during the surgery, but once again she did not know the cause of the intestine strangulation as she called, Dr. Hoot never called me.
We consulted other Veterinarians about Bella's case and all separately, agreed that special care and follow up should had help to prevented Bella from dying, if the first time after surgery that she develops vomiting, and we were aware or advised that, that could be a symptom of an after surgery anomaly, and an endoscopy were perform it might changed the outcome of her disease.
Doctors at Banfield knew Bella, and her history why they did not took the X Ray sooner?, why they can't read it?, why they did not told us all the facts that I learned after Bella's death?, to me the answer is; because they are Incompetent, careless, and unprofessional, a complete opposite of the Mars Five Principles that Banfield brags about.
Banfield had the opportunity to change my feelings but choose to make it worst by placing my account in collection in less than two weeks, and revealing the true unprofessionalism and greedy philosophy, and by doing just nothing to find the causes of Bella's disease, causes that will help others to prevent to go thru the grief and mourn that our family is going thru.
It appears to me that Banfield is all about selling wellness plans to pet owners and then kill them, charge for it, and keep collecting on the wellness plans of the dead.
Continue to divulge about my experience with Banfield Pet Hospitals is entirely my decision, and I hope the final outcome is not as is now, and be able to turn a very negative to a positive experience at the end. Weather I get a response or not to this e mail is not up to me, deep in my heart I wish that I got your attention.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Banfield Wellness Plan
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "They called my daughter told her she needed to decide where she wanted her dog to die because it was almost 6pm and they close. This is where I stepped..."
- "Benny is 2 years, a "white" malti-poo. Banfield vet recommend and perscribed FIRST SHIELD for ticks ! Well, it was applied correctly ( on the back )..."
- "My ferret went in to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth pulled, and never came out. The Doctor kept saying it was because of his age. It was because..."
- "With hundreds of complaints on multiple sites http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/bidcactus-c239430.html, Bidcactus.com has to be one of the biggest and most proliferated auction scams in existence today. Upon Closer review and examination it..."
- "The biggest mistake I made was purchasing "leather" sectional couch from the RTG Boca Raton Store in December of 2009. When purchased, we were told how durable of a piece..."
- "Few months after purchasing a bed on City Furniture, a shiny, oily spot appeared on the left side of the headboard, then spreaded to the right side. It is half..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."