Miami, Florida
1.9

So my cat died. And I still have to pay the remaining payments as well as the procedures done for him in the last visit (euthanized).

Now after I paid and took care of the remaining balance I am in collection for the same payment I made months ago!!!

This is the worst and most inconsiderate pet program. Overpriced and horrible customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I am sincerely sorry for the loss of your pet.

As for paying. Of course you have to pay for the euthanasia.

For the wellness plan, it is NOT insurance.

It is a preventive care plan & a 1yr contract (each year it renews, it starts the 1yr contract all over).

When you sign up, in the contract you sign, it states if you cancel before the year is up, for whatever reason (including a pet passing away ), you either pay the remainder of the months you owe OR the services you've used from the plan, at cost, whichever is CHEAPER.

As I said, its not insurance. The reason for doing this is because people would sign up, use hundreds of dollars worth of services, but only pay a couple months payments which would be exceptionally less than what they've used in services & then want to cancel.

As for them sending you to collections.

If you already made the payment, just call the corporate office. They should be able to fix it for you.