Woodbury, New Jersey

I took my dog to Banfield in Deptford b/c of a cyst on her face and wanted a second opinion. They told me it was an abscess and 2 teeth had to come out.

I signed up for a dog planned that included dental, except what they wanted to do to her, and an appointment was set for surgery. Then they charge me $212 for antibiotics. The day I take her I get a phone call that says "it isn't an abscess... we took a small biopsy of the cyst and will send it to the lab...but instead of it being the $241 you signed on, it will be $314"!!!

Are you kidding me?

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

i have two new pups and was going to get the pet insurance from them

now I am scared to take them there I work for a large employer and I am going to ask people I know personally now.

carolgaro@comcast.net

Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for providing this feedback. It is our mission to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals was unsatisfactory.

We would like the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can gather more information. Please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288.

$210 for antibiotics? How big is your dog?

So the complaint is that they realized there were additional problems and now you have to pay more? This is a common issue that happens at the hospital.

It's not fun, but animal care is expensive. Sometimes you have to foot the bill for your beloved pet.