100% full Not resolved

Update by user Mar 23, 2016

So I just spent quite a bit of time reviewing the reviews on Banfield Pet "hospital" to employees that admitted they were employees Kudos to you for your honesty!But the reviews of Banfield are overwhelmingly Bad and from personal experience I am with them.

I responded to a comment from Banfield asking me to call in, which I did. I spoke with a very sympathetic young woman. The outcome was the same. Pay the remainder (174) of the account balance.

How about Banfield deducting the $174 from the $2000 I spent at Tufts to save my beautiful cat and send me a check for the difference? Ha Ha

Your turning me over to a collection agency speaks volumes to me of the concern. Its not the money for me its the principal. I have spent 174 dollars on lottery tickets but at least there I have a chance.The Vet was "spoken to" ?

Really did that ease my cats suffering or my despair? NO it did not. You may have qualified vets somewhere but I imagine they move on quickly.

I stand by my original post.BAN BANFIELD!

Update by user Feb 09, 2016

Banfield contacted me and put me in touch with their client care team. I spoke with a woman who was very sympathetic and said she would look into the incident. not a word in over a month.

Original review posted by user Jan 14, 2016

Banfield took my money for 7 years then 10 days after a Comprehensive well being check my cat had a stroke.Banfield said to bring him right in and left me sitting for over an hour while the vet clipped a dogs toenails!

what the heck do they consider comprehensive? They never checked his blood pressure. After an hour I drove 35 minutes to another(Real) animal hospital my cats blood pressure was 240!! $2000.00 later my cat was released and is now doing better.

Banfield has been attempting to extort $170.06 from me for what they consider the balance of the wellness plan....Only good for animals that are well.Buyer Beware

LauraL wrote the review because of bad quality at Banfield Pet Hospital and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2000 and wants Banfield Pet Hospital to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was wellness plan and treatment of pet, awful veterinary and exploitation of services. Author liked the most not one thing. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Banfield Pet Hospital and banfield pet hospital pet medical service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

All your Banfield employees are asstwats, this poor women's cat almost does, and you offer excuses!Let me tell you about my vet.

My Savannah kitten managed to get her cone off after her spay on a Saturday my husband and I went out to lunch. She had opened her stitches. We raced her to the vet, who was closing in a half an hour. They were full, yet my vet was kind enough to fix the sutures.

She stayed after closing to do so.

If we would of taken her to a emergency vet we would have been charged four times the amount. I was so grateful. They also made sure she could not get out if her cone again.

All I ever hear about Banfield is they turn people away. It is rarely nice. If you look at my vet's Yelp review she has almost a perfect score. Banfield's in my area, have two stars.

It is because of this, the lack of compassion you all show. A Doctor *** that thinks only the rich should own pets that can afford the ridiculous prices. Or just a lack of responsibility or compassion.

At least you all DoD not kill her cat.It was most likely a blessing in disguise she took her kitty elsewhere.

Happy to read that kitty is doing better.However, there is no way to predict whether a pet is going to have a sudden stroke or hart attack.

I've owned pets for over 50 years and not one time during a routine exam was a blood pressure test performed on one of my cats or dogs. Pets just as humans can have sudden unforeseen medical health issues without having or showing any prior symptoms whatsoever and in a medical emergency situation humans are usually taken to a hospital emergency room and pets should be taken to an emergency/acute care pet facility.

I'm no fan of Banfield.But you can't blame Banfield, yourself or any vet for kitty's unforeseen sudden stroke.

Good luck predicting a stroke in cats - even a specialist couldn't do that so I don't know why you expected those poor overworked vets at Banfield to 'predict' this?FYI - No Hospital I know of (I have worked at ~15 over the course of my career) does BP as part of a routine wellness exam.

Also, You get what you pay for.

You pay for a cheap plan that means you get & small number of tests and are seen by new and inexperienced vets who are the only ones that will work for Banfields cheap wages.Yeah - the other hospital did a BP, but you also payed over $2000 for them to examine/test your pet.

to Anonymous Bellingham, Massachusetts, United States #1132825

I paid for them to save my pet not examine

to Anonymous #1175054

"I paid for ten to save my pet no examine"

Uhhhmmmmm. Without examining your pet, they wouldn't be able to save them.

to Anonymous Portland, Oregon, United States #1183658

Retard

to Anonymous #1238467

Banfield actually pays new grads quite well. I speak from experience.

I am sorry for your ordeal.I hope your cat is feeling better.

I also am glad you are taking your kitty to a real vet. I hope your cutie is with you for many happy years to come.

Ignore these Banfield employees justifying their company's actions.Band is the Mc Donald's of vet industry.

LauraL
to Anonymous #1109282

They certainly are!Thank you for you kind words.

Marcus Aurelius is still with us.He no longer falls over but can no longer jump and is a bit unsteady but we have cat stairs where he needs them and we are all adjusting.

thanks again,

Laura

I know it seems frustrating but I really doubt it is the Vets fault.

They 100% should have communicated with you better to let you know why there was such a wait (v.unlikey it was just for a nail trim - Banfield has their techs do those unless they pet is very aggressive & needs to be sedated - in which case the vet cannot leave a sedated pet unattended) & that if it was going to be that long then you should have been referred to an ER.

Also, unlike at a human Dr's appointment, blood pressure is not something that is regularly checked by vets on routine appointments.

This is because pets get so stressed at vets offices that their blood pressure is normally falsely elevated.Also pets get very wriggly and this also affects getting an useful reading as you need the pet to be still & the limb to be in a certain position to get an accurate value.