Los Angeles, California

Update by user Oct 30, 2012

I should ad..I\'ve been researching banfield complaints. It seems they are a total ripoff.

I would tell any party to use caution with this company. I will never go back there again.

Original review posted by user Oct 30, 2012

I have a 12 week old bengal kitten(roman) and a 1.5 year old morkie(niko). They both have optimum wellness plans with banfield.

Recently my roman got very sick.. He was sluggish and lethargic and kept vomiting. I looked over at him about 6:30 pm and he looked as if he was going to pass out. I decided to then to take him to the vet.

Banfield closes at 7.. It's 5 min from my home.. If that. I grabbed him and rushed to petsmart.

I arrived there at 6:43.. I know I looked at the clock. I get inside and ask the lady to have the vet see roman. She was like "no".

Huh?!!! I was like he is very sick.. She was like "no".. I was furious.

I was like it is not 7. You close at 7 and I have a health plan here! She informed me that the vet left. Not only was she rude..

She showed little concern for roman. No suggestions are where to take him.. No explanation for why the vet left nearly 20 min early from closing! I then go to the petsmart employee and they give me a number to animal hospital 15 min away.

The trip cost me nearly $500 for things that would have been covered under the plan at banfield..

Because their employees leave work early. Canceling both plans ASAP as soon as their office opens.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

What did you expect them to be able to do with a really sick kitten in