Las Vegas, Nevada

19601 North 27th Avenue

Phoenix, AZ 85027

Re: Banfield Pet Hospital

Dear Mr. Massey,

I am writing to inform you of a horrific experience I had yesterday at the Banfield Pet Hospital located at your PetSmart store at 9869 S. Eastern Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89183. Below is my communication on the Banfield customer reviews page, which I just submitted today.

“I received a call from Banfield Hospital on 4/14/15 to let me know that my dog was due for her comprehensive exam and teeth cleaning and asked if would I like to schedule it. I said sure, and scheduled for 4/19/15. I took her at 7:30 am to check her in and was scheduled to pick her up at 4:30pm. When I arrived to check her out, I was told:

1. My account was past due, which it was not; I made a payment of $32.95 that cleared my bank on 4/01/15.

2. My dog could not be released to me without a payment of $34.95.

3. My plan renewal went into effect on 4/08/15 at a higher premium.

4. If I didn't pay the new premium amount right then and there and my dog was released to me, that it would be sent to collections, immediately.

5. After agreeing to release my dog and give me time to take this matter up with corporate office today, 4/20/15, when customer service office is open, I had to have it resolved by NOON or it would be sent to collections.

All this took place at the front desk where other customers could hear all this conversation. I was terribly embarrassed and upset that my dog was not going to be released to me unless I paid up.

I was never informed in writing, by phone call or email that my plan was going to renew at a higher rate. The person that called me on the 14th, last week, did not inform me that there was a problem with my payment that I made on the 4/01/15. The two people that called to remind me of my appointment did not mention there was a discrepancy with my payment. The nurse who checked in my dog yesterday morning did not tell me that there was a problem with my account.

After spending more than an hour on the phone today with four different representatives, (making my way up the chain of command), I am told that if I cancel the plan, that I will owe over $378 for yesterday's exam and dental cleaning, because that service happened after the renewal date. If I don't pay the new premium within 120 days that it will be sent to collections. I was also told that my

check for $32.95 was sent back to me on 4/17/15 because you do not accept partial payments, also without any notice given to me. This is not the first time this has happened. I went through a similar situation when the last plan increase happened. No notice of any kind, and I sucked it up and renewed.

What kind of insurance company operates like this?!! Banfield! I felt like my dog was being held hostage for ransom. I feel like this company deliberately misled me to rope me into continuing my association with them. I am waiting for a call from the corporate commanders, so I can free myself from these hostage takers and cheaters. A letter containing all these details will be sent to Pet Smart Corporate office, the Better Business Bureau, the Nevada Attorney General and http://www.8newsnow.com/category/238357/8-on-your-side, if I am not allowed to discontinue my affiliation with you, owe you nothing and not have my credit tarnished by your threats to send this matter to collections.”

Mr. Massey, my confidence in Banfield Hospital has sunk lower than the depths of the sea. I don’t ever want to fear that my precious little Bichon is going to be held for ransom by contemptible caretakers. If there is anything you can do to help me in this untenable matter, I will appreciate your immediate and sincere efforts.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments