Mesa, Arizona

My dog was diagnosed with cancer after we paid for a very expensive blood test to confirm. We have had a wellness plan for the past 7 yrs.

I called to have our girl put down and was shocked to hear 350.00 for a loyal customer. In the mean time I have had several calls texts and emails to bring her in for a comprehensive exam, and shots. Really.

I have cancelled her plan and plan to cancel my other two dogs plans. Yes three wellness plans and I have spent thousands above these plans.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

You already get a discount with your wellness plan.

It's their price. Yes, you can call around and probably get it cheaper.

The price they gave was also probably just an estimate because you get a discount on the plan.

At banfield it isn't just the euthanasia. An IV catheter is placed, sedation prior to the solution is given, the actual euthanasia solution and that also includes the price of the remains.

Not all places do an IV catheter. Which is terrible because then they are fishing for a vein which they may or may not hit the first time.

Then, alot of places don't give a sedative.

When you give a sedative the pet goes to sleep and doesn't feel anything. If you don't give a sedative through the IV first, the pet does feel everything.

I'm sorry to read its time for you to say goodbye to your beloved pet. You may want to contact other local vets in your area and get a few prices from them.

Banfield just seems to have very high prices on many services that can be found for far less money from a privately owned vet hospital/clinic. I recently had to have one of my dogs put to sleep and the entire cost including cremation also done at the same office was only $195.00 at a local private vet and my dog weighed 145 lbs.