Wellington, Florida

I had been a customer of Banfield Pet Hospital for 3 years. I had my oldest dog on their wellness plan.

My poor dog, Riley got twisted stomach and passed away. Since then I took my little Yorkie in for a rabies shot, checked for heart worm to put her on the once a month pill. Payed the full amount. A few weeks ago I took one of my cats in who had an infection from an allergy.

I was not aware that they did not take payment arrangements. When they told me, it was to late. I told them I wasn't aware of that, I had been coming there for 3 yeRs but I would be in exactly 1 week later to pay my bill in full. They told me they were sending me to collections even though I was coming back in 1 week to pay in full.

The police showed up at my door 2 days later and Banfield had me arrested for retail theft for the $28 antibiotic ointment to treat my cat. I am appalled at this. I am not a criminal and this could cause me to never get another job in my field that I went to school for. Today is the day I was to go pay my bill.

The police told me not to go back there. I am afraid that if I go in there to pay my bill, I will be arrested for trespassing when all I am trying to do is pay my bill. This is the Royal Palm hospital. I am furious.

A $28 tube of ointment to treat my cat after being a customer for 3 years. I called customer advocacy, and am suppose to be getting a call back from a higher up. I just want to pay my bill and have this manager drop these charges against me. I can not believe that they had me arrested.

They could have given me the benefit of the doubt after being a customer for 3 years before they did something so low and so serious as to have me arrested. WOW 1 pissed off X customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Just shows that Banfield has no sense of loyalty, and treats their customers like trash.

It's the same as a restaurant in a sense you don't order a $28 meal and expect to have a payment plan that would be theft of you eat and leave...