Washington, District Of Columbia

We adopted a white Pomeranian mixed breed on September 1, 2012. On September 7, 2012, we took Daisy to Banfield in Petsmart for a once-over to assess her overall health and thorough check-up.

Daisy was scratching her midsection quite a bit. Without performing a single allergy test, the veterinarian diagnosed my Daisy as having allergies and prescribed antihistamine. The vet stated that all light colored dogs have allergies. We returned to Petsmart on September 10, 2012 to have Daisy thoroughly groomed (the whole nine yards).

After being in a dog shelter, Daisy was extreme distrustful of people and skittish... The groomer indicated that she could be groomed, so I left her. Within days after the grooming, Daisy developed a circular spot near her rear just above the base of her tail. Because she now had a short hair cut you could see that the circular spot was red.

I returned to Banfield and after being verbally attacked by a thug vet assistant, Banfield diagnosed Daisy as having a tumor and injected Daisy with a 14-day steroid and separate pain killer. The two separate trips to Banfield has cost me over $500.00. I took the opportunity during my second visit to revisit the topic of allergies and Banfield indicated that for approx. $800.00 they could perform allergy testing to disprove their initial diagnosis.

I told the vet that she was crazy. I explained to the vet that she diagnosed Daisy as having allergies without performing a single test, but I have to come out of pocket to disprove the arbitrary diagnosis. I explained that I was going to apply for pet insurance and the diagnosis of allergies is considered a chronic and pre-existing condition, jeopardizing Daisy chance of feel coverage. Instead to taking this into account Banfield noted in Daisy's records, that I refused allergy testing.

After taking Daisy in for a second and third opinion at another vet, it was discovered from Daisy fecal sample, that Daisy has multiple parasites and she was subsequently treated and she scratches no more. Banfield is the worst pet hospital! Not only did they get the diagnosis wrong they were belligerent about it. One of the first tests that should have been performed was a stool sample based on the fact that the puppy came from a shelter.

Never have I wasted so much money on substandard medical care for my dog.

I will never ever ever take my dog back to Banfield, even it Banfield was the only animal hospital in the world.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi 4DaisyTricks - I hope Daisy is feeling much better! I'm sorry about your experience at our Largo location. I understand your frustration and am sorry you and Daisy went through such a stressful situation.

After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. We truly appreciate your honest opinion about your experience with us. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com so we can help improve your experience? We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Most sincerely,