Newport News, Virginia

I took my dogs to Banfield this morning for a followup appointment. The receptionist scheduled me for 7:30 in the morning, which is their usual time for drop-offs. When I got there, I was informed that since they weren't getting a comprehensive exam, I would be charged $15 apiece for their "doggie day care" policy. It was a total ripoff- they should have informed me first instead of sticking me with the bill after I got there. When I complained, they said there wasn't much they could do about it since it was corporate policy, but they could have scheduled me for a morning appointment... but why would they want to do that if they know they can charge me more?

I don't think Banfield knows how to keep records. Each time I go in, I have to fill out the same paperwork over, and over, and over, usually with two hyperactive and overexcited dogs yanking at the leash. When I've asked them to look it up on the computer, they tell me that this is their policy, "just in case anything has changed."

I've stuck with Banfield for this long because of their wellness plan, but they keep adding on new fees every time I go in, and I'm not convinced that it's worth the $26 a month. I think they mark up the prices on their services to make you think you're getting a terrific bargain by using their wellness plan, but I'm not sure it's worth it for all the hassle they put you through.

Finally, their customer service is lame at best. I was waiting in line behind one woman who was filling out her pile of redundant paperwork, and another woman cut in front of me - and they tended to her first, even though I'd been sitting there forever. Besides all that, they don't seem to know how to do anything. My conversation with them went something like:

Me: Change my name in your files.

Banfield: Sorry, can't do that.

Me: Take my ex's name off the files.

Banfield: Sorry, can't do that.

Me: Call me before you give my dog her shots so I can bring her some diphenhydramine since she gets hives.

Banfield: Are we allowed to do that?

Me:Please try to finish with the dogs before noon so I don't have to pay your $15/head "doggie day care" fee.

Banfield: Sorry, can't do that.

Guess what I'm going to say when it comes time to renew their wellness plans?

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi, Stefs11 –

Thanks for your letting us know about your recent visit to our facility. I’m sorry the service during your visit was unsatisfactory.

If you are willing, would you please consider calling our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288? We want to work to ensure your next visit meets your expectations.

Sincerely,