Stone Mountain, Georgia

My experience started in March of 2011. I have two dogs and my husband and I signed up for the wellness plan.

In October of 2011 we took both dogs in for a checkup, teeth cleaning and my black lab had an ear infection. We received a call telling us that our Mix, Kady needed surgery for a puncture wound and that our lab, Eliie needed a deep ear flush because she had a severe infection of the ears caused by "a very rare bacteria". Of course, we freaked out mostly about the puncture wound and told them to do what they had to do. $600 + dollars later we picked up our babies, all of their medications and headed home.

Our mix looked horrible due to them putting another hole in her neck and sloppily placing a "drainage tube" in her. It took her about 2 weeks to recover. Ellie was sent home with $100 in meds for her ear. We diligently followed their directions with no results.

We have fought the infection every since. On 8/6/2012 my husband returned with both dogs for a check up and to again, address the ear infection. They said that they needed her to go at least two weeks without any medication and then they could get a clear picture of what was going on and flush her ears again. He dropped her off today at 8:45am.

He picked her up and was told that $500 worth of tests needed to bed done to figure out how to treat it. (but remember, she has a "rare bacteria") We approved only an ear culture and told them if that did not work we would submit to further testing. Our bill was $150. When my husband got her home she was dehydrated (drank about a gallon of water) and her ears had not even been cleaned.

In, fact they were oozing with puss and blood. She is miserable and I am out $150 not counting the bill last year. I immediately contacted another vet and have her scheduled for day after tomorrow. And...I am pissed!

Of course the doctor had left for the day and there was not a manager there to talk to. I am contacting my bank to try and stop the debit charge and will never trust my babies with them again. I just wanted to warn others and found all of the other posts. I am so glad that we got out of there before they caused more damage.

Last but not least, I encourage anyone with similar experience to sign on to Facebook, twitter or whatever you use to communicate and spread the word.

Also report them to the better business bureau. These people must go!

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Attorney Moore - After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals was unsatisfactory. To address your specific concerns, we would appreciate it if you would call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com.

Most sincerely,