1.4K views

I am a vet that worked for Banfield right out of school. At first I thought it was a good company and we were helping animals.

Now I have seen the light and know what is going on. Banfield severely overbooks and understaffs their clinics. There were days I would see over thirty pets and only have 2 nurses helping me. With 4 exam rooms all filled up people ended up waiting long periods of time before even a nurse got in to see them. Banfield definitely does not pay the nursing or front desk staff well. They give them no incentive to try and increase their knowledge or get further schooling. Rarely will banfield have a registered or certified vet tech. They just don't pay them enough for someone who has gone to school for their career.

As a doctor I can tell you that they don't have proper equipment to handle anything more than routine vaccinations and spays and neuters. Most banfields don't have an ultrasound, which is very helpful in diagnosing many things. At the hospital I worked for we ran out of normal drugs, vaccines, and other things all the time and it was because they always said they didn't have enough money to buy what we needed. That is bull because looking at the numbers with all the banfields where I was they grossed over 1.5 million a month.

Looking at the cost of goods versus what was charged for drugs or tests there was normally a 400 to 500% markup. We received daily flashes showing the production for each hospital in the area and the daily average pet charge. Multiple times the field director or medical director would actually write how with a high APC we were providing the best possible treatment. That is crazy because I knew some vets there that would try and sell all kinds of stuff that wasn't needed to just drive up their APC. So a high APC did not necessarily mean good quality of care. A lot of the time I would write scripts for people to fill at outside pharmacies to save them money.

I really recommend going to somewhere besides Banfield as they really are more concerned with making money. Most of the vets working there really do care about the pets, but because of how over worked they are they don't have enough time for all the pets. And that means unfortunately somethings get over looked. I really hate that while working for banfield I didn't get to spend enough time with each pet. And I grew to resent them because they always were pushing to make more money and get pets in and out as fast as possible.

Basically they suck if your pet needs anything more than routine vaccines or a spay or neuter. There is alot more I could add to this but I will end it for now.

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

Banfield has a hope fund and I was told not to apply because there was no hope that I would recieve it. Go figure. I have a kitten with broken leg.

Sorry, brain ***. I meant X ray.

I totally agree. Do they even have the capability to exray?

cassidydillon04
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States #1313817

Completely agree, worst company ever to work for.They will treat you like garbage no matter how hard you worked or how many times they screwed you over and you stayed around.

Then they'll ban you and your animals.Super great company for sure...not.

Los Angeles, California, United States #1264600

Yes they suck.Took my Labrador there and they misdiagnosed his coughing.

They sucked me into signing up for Banfield health coverage. Then I missed a couple payments and they have now dinged my perfect credit! They want $375.0 for nothing! Totally useless.

I did find a worthy Veterinarian (not Banfield), and got proper care for my poor pup. He is doing excellent now living with properly diagnosed, geriatric onset larengyal paralysis. Screw off Banfield, you suck!

9 y.o.Black Labrador.

banfield contributed to the death of my beloved pet and banfield

doesnt care except for their money.what a joke.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR LOVED PET THERE UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO KILL IT FOR YOU.

The staff are rude, vets that have been there for more than 6 months are horrible.That is why vets dont stay long because they only become concerned about money and not pets health.

I agree...The worst company ever I got sucked into the WELLNESS program.

PEOPLE DONT DO IT!!!!!

Take your loved pet to a place were people care...DONT BUY THE WELLNESS PROGRAM......

weloveparrots

Banfield in Deptford, NJ killed my sweet Pomeranian, Missy on 11/25/2014.They suck!

I hate them with a passion! Please see my website banfieldkilledmissy.com or find me on FB Banfield Killed Missy or look at the website Marscandykills.com and see how the owners of Banfield, the Mars Candy Company does deadly experiements on animals. Please boycott ALL Mars popular candy brands!

Mars makes much more than candy too, including the most popular pet food brands!Please boycott all of their products if you hate Banfield!

Banfield does SUCK.It's not regional.

For them, it's all about making money.

Go see a real vet in a real vet clinic...not some *** that's bought into the corporate BS that is Banfield.I won't even shop at Petsmart anymore because of Banfield.

They kill dogs, they don't save them. I still have to pay for a deceased dog! What's up with that?