Dayton, Ohio

Banfield is sub-par to a REAL veterinary clinic. First and last time I will take me dog there!!

Basically it's all about trying to sell what I call their pet wellness program which is the biggest crock of sh_ _ I've come across in a long time. The staff including the vet doctor lacks professionalism and the prices they charge go beyond ridiculous. They wanted to charge me $609.00 for a full panel of bloodwork because I took my dog in for a thyroid check. After a 2 page long list of items they wanted to check, I only gave the ok for a thyroid screen T-4 test.

It came back she was border-line low (3.4) and they refused to treat with medication until I bring her back in the do the full panel bloodwork costing $609.00. Needless to say, I'm taking her back to her REAL vet!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Prices are standardized across Banfields - there is no WAY a full panel costs $609. You are mistaken.

A full panel includes 1) complete blood count 2) differential exam of blood cells and 3) internal organ function and 4) sometimes electrolytes. All this is under $200.

The reason why they won't prescribe thyroid medication before a full panel is because they have to assure that your pet is healthy enough to receive it and that there aren't any complicating factors. It's actually common protocol and if you find a vet that will do it without a full panel, you should be worried.