Los Angeles, California

Banfield pet hospital in Torrance Ca on Sepulveda and Hawthorne Blvd are criminals. They provide mediocore services and they bait you into they re "Wellness" plan. DONT DO IT! I am now in collection for almost $400.

I dont even have the dogs anymore.

There is NO way to cancel the plan and you have 3 days to cancel. Well I didnt have one puppy for even a week and the other was to rough for my kids so....I called Banfield to cancel but instead they continued to charge me until I refused payment thru my bank & now Im harrassed multiple times daily(10-15x) by creditors.

They tie you into there wllness plan without explaining details, and theres still a big cost each visit even with

"the savings of the Wellness Plan". They bait you with lies and tie your hands while they steal your money. And damage my credit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

I had my dog at Banfield for several years and never had a problem. I had to give her away last year for personal reasons and had to cancel her plan and had NO PROBLEM doing so.

I just called them up and cancelled her; period..no questions asked.

They were always nice and cordial every time I went in. That was in a TN store..maybe it's different in other states.

Mike and ***... I was being responcible and accountabl.

Ithis puppy was my fourth dog. He was male and all 3 others are female.

I understand I should read what I sign but banfield has some accountabilit as well in explaining the benefits of the plan as well as what your contratual obligations will be {in other words how they hold you hostage}

Mike and ***... I was being responcible and accountabl.

Ithis puppy was my fourth dog. He was male and all 3 others are female.

StupidKath

I agree with Mike....that was irresponsible to give up the dogs instead of doing your homework before you even got them. Dogs are not supposed to be disposable property.

That is the lazy and ignorant way out.

Sorry, but this just *** me off to hear these stories. :sigh

What is your responsibility in this? Aren't you just a bit responsible for knowing what you are signing?

Getting rid of a puppy because it is too rough with your kids?

Have you ever heard of obedience training?

How about some accountability on your part?

I'm sure the supposed message from Harry Reid is BOGUS. While Harry may not think enough of our pets to champion the cause for them as respects the outrageous prices the Vets are charging for their care, he is not going to post a negative message like that on a public board.

Now it could be a different Harry Reid. Sure hope so!

I have 3 dogs registered with Banfield on the wellness plans. One of my dogs was taken from my husband at gun point, by people my brother-in-law knows so that he could get the dog.

I have no idea where the dog is at this time. However, I am still paying for his wellness plan because it is cheaper to do that than to pay the $800 in services that he used. If I had it to do over again, I would still put my dogs on the wellness plans. Considering that both of the 2 I have at home still have each been on the plan since they were 7-8 weeks old and one just turned 2 yrs in February, the other will be 2 years in October.

Considering how much I would have spent otherwise between vet visits and spaying and vaccines etc, the wellness plan is a much better option. When I called them to explain that one of my dogs was missing, they at least waived one month for me to help with the cost of trying to find him.

LOL Las Vegas. What a shlt hole

Just wish to thank you for this opportunity to vent. It seems the Companies with whom we spend our hard earned dollars just aren't listening.

I previously emailed Harry Reid our White House Rep and he responded that he had no time to address the matter of Pet Owners who are being taken unfair advantage of when they seek medical treatment for their pets.

To many, PETS are far more than just four legged annimals. They are just important to many of us as others human children are to them.

Banfield Vet Services are guilty of Price Gouging too. They and so many Vets lure ou into their webb w/the discount or free first visit promo and charge the *** out of you for the Meds and other services.

I think the Vet/Doctor and Vet Pharmaceuticals should be seperate just as it is in the Medical profession for people.

Response to the insesative person who wrote "if you can not afford the upkeep of a pet, you shouldn't get one. "Did you ever stop to think sometimes a person's circumstances change"? Ours did when my husband lost a state job he had for 17 yrs. due to a heart problem caused by an undetected birth defect discovered at age 46.

Nicel clean living young man all of his life. Duh!

Banfield is doing nothing but following suit of many companies here in the US.That take advantage of consumers for they're personal gain.This is what our society has become and we learned it from our government.There are many politicians who don't give a _ _ _ _, About the little guy and girl.

I assume you are an adult who can read why would you sign a contract without reading that it is a 1 year agreement first. Good luck in your future contracts. Maybe you learned a lesson from this error in your ways.

Banfield Pet Hospital

@MadasHello,

We strive to provide a great experience through all communication our clients have with Banfield, including our Wellness Plan Relations Team. We’re sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience and we have forwarded your comments to the leads of the Wellness Plan Relations Team.

I spoke with Banfield Wellness relations on numerous occasions (when they called each day to collect). I was never given any other option other than paying the full amount owed.

I would have paid the lesser amount if that was an option. All the Banfield rep could say is"well you shouldnt have gotten a dog if you couldnt afford it". Wow just what I need to hear.

You try to take my money and you insult me. Some nerve.

You try to take my money and you insult me. Some nerve.

Banfield Pet Hospital

MadasHello,

We understand there will be situations where our clients may need to cancel their wellness plans. To cancel a wellness plan, you may do so by either paying for the services your pet used while on the wellness plan, or the remaining wellness plan payments, whichever is less. If you would like to discuss the details of your plans further, please contact our Wellness Plan Relations team by calling 888-649-2716 or emailing WellnessPlanRelations@banfield.net.

Yeah, if you're going to have pets, do NOT use a "chain" vet. Find a nice local animal doc whom other pet owners recommend.

I suggest you contact a lawyer asap; the couple hundred he might charge you will be worth getting Banfield to stop.