Athens, Georgia
1.7K views 18 comments

March 21st we took our daughter's one year old Bishon to be spade.We have been on a well-ness plan that was sold to us for that very reason, yet the charge was $153.02 more.

Mia, our previuosly heathy dog was in terrible discomfort for the first two days following the procedure and the pain medication was gone. I returned to get more and of course it was another charge. The tech there said Mia had a long surgery because they "Lost", one of the ovaries and it must have move back up inside on her, and she might have to go through the operation again. Mia seemed much better yesterday, March 26th, five days out, then burst open during the night, spilling her intestines and other organs.

I push them back inside her and rushed her to Banfield at 7:00 am. No Doctor of course but the tech called an emergency clinic several miles in traffic away. They took one look at her and said you will have to put her down. The Euthanasia was another $75.

So now it is 3:00 pm March 27th and my eight year daughter will be hurrying home to find out about her dog.Banfield sucks!

Review about: Bad Veterinary Services.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

iMakeSenseOfItAll
San Jose, California, United States #962599

Horrible!!So sorry for your loss.

These banfield monsters need to be stopped.There are so many complaints against their negligent "care".

weloveparrots
Renton, Washington, United States #918050

Banfield in Deptford, NJ killed my Pomeranian, Missy.Read her sad story at banfieldkilledmissy.com

My heart goes out to all who lost a pet due to Banfields negligence!

Mine died Nov.25, 2014

ok
to weloveparrots Whitehall, Pennsylvania, United States #971487

No offense, actually, every offense intended.You sound like a complete ***.

The dog had a enlarged heart yet you wanted to constantly bring it to the vet to get it checked out even though you KNEW it stressed her out? Dont blame the vet. They didn't kill your dog by giving it "too much oxygen". And it is completely possible to bring a dog back with cpr.

You're nitwit daughter who just so happens to be life guard certified is certainly not certified to judge such a thing. Banfields not the best vet. But you are one of those people who drive me nuts. Did you ever stop to think "well maybe if I didn't rush her to the hospital every time she breathes.

She won't be so stressed"? If she called down SO easily just being pet by you WHY ADD THE STRESS ON JUST TO GET HER CHECKED OUT?

Oh yeah.Cus its freakin free.

Ty yes
to ok Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1262693

Eff off u loser no compassion for nothing just like these wanna be vets!how's her daughter a loser, Cuz u said goes eff off, u must be an employer at Banfield! Have a pleasant day, like you made hers, again eff off!

Patches
Potomac, Illinois, United States #915888

This is absolutely atrocious.I very sorry for loss.

And further more you should not of had to pay to put her down.What a piece of *** vet and vet clinic.

TLC
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #915776

That is NOT the same dog. The one in the first picture is brown with dirt and matted as if it had been neglected for a LONG time. What a disgusting lie.

How is this Banfield's fault? It looks like she chewed out her stitches because she wasn't wearing an e-collar.

buglady
to Anonymous Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States #937801

Last dog I had fixed ...sent home without an e-collar.

Supposedly, many vets feel its not necessary. The night I brought her home, I ended up at an university emergency vet to the tune of 2,000.

She ripped her stitches out.Vet took no responsibility, but still doesn't release with e-collars.

Lauren

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but I agree with @Tammyc.You can't really say that they killed your dog, at least not reasonably.

I know losing a pet is horrible grief, as I myself have lost several pets in my lifetime, but unforeseen complications in surgery happen. If surgery was 100% safe all the time then there wouldn't be disclosures or release forms being signed. This isn't the first time I've heard of an ovary being "lost" during surgery; it happens with *** too. That's a fairly common possibility, Banfield or no, which, again, is why release forms have to be signed.

Surgery isn't paint by numbers or we would all be surgeons. Despite having an ovary get "lost" during surgery, they did get her through the surgery and get her closed up at the end. Since her intestines didn't burst out until five days later and in the middle of the night like that, she probably chewed her own stitches open, like many dogs do after their surgeries because they itch terribly as they heal.

I had to stitch my pup back up because he wouldn't leave his stitches alone.Next time, always use an e-collar that you KNOW they cannot pull off.

buglady
to Lauren #937802

Many vets are now recommending against e-collars. My own dog ripped her stitches out after I was told the collar wasn't necessary.