2.0

I have had the Wellness Plan at Banfield for a couple years and have taken our dog there for routine visits, Like most other reviewers, I experienced all the added charges that weren't covered under the plan. Although it was frustrating, that is just the tip of the iceberg as far as my disgust with Banfield.

Less than two hours after a "routine" visit for teeth cleaning and physical my dog was crying and obviously uncomfortable. As I was petting him, I felt two large lumps in his neck. I wasn't overly concerned until the following day when my dog wouldn't stop panting. I called Banfield to schedule an appointment to bring him in and was told they had no appointments but I could come in and sit there and they were sure they would be able to see him before the end of the day.

I was a bit angered that they assumed it was ok to have me and my dog come sit in the back of the store for anywhere from 1 - 8 hours in hopes of seeing a vet. I called the vet we had previously taken him to and explained the symptoms. They told me I should bring him in as soon as I could. After a brief exam and a couple tests I was informed my dog had late stage lymphoma.

Every lymph gland on my dog was severely enlarged and the ones in his neck were so swollen they were putting pressure on his airway. So 3 days after Banfield performed a "complete" physical including blood work my dog went from healthy (according to Banfield) to having 4-6 weeks to live. I contacted Banfield to ask how this could have happened and was told they found no signs of the lymphoma, the blood work was all normal and that cancer can occur quickly in dogs. Three or fours days seems extremely quick to me, does it seem quick to you?

I had no intentions of writing anything about this until today after I called to cancel the Banfield Wellness Plan for my dog that I had to have euthanized 2 days ago... less than 4 weeks after I was told by Banfield he was ok. The representative told me it was no problem to cancel the Wellness Plan for my deceased dog as long as I paid $389 for the "routine visit" I took him to 4 weeks ago. Because the routine visit occurred one month after my Wellness Plan had "renewed", I either have to pay the monthly fee for the next 11 months or pay the full balance of what the routine visit would have cost if I had no Wellness Plan.

Really???

I can't put in words that are probably allowed in these reviews the anger and disappointment I have towards Banfield and Pet Smart at this moment. I can only warn others by sharing my experience in hopes of saving them the same pain and anger I feel.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: No refund and the quality of rx.

Comments

Send your complaint to the BBB, they will listen then. Go to the website for BBB and you will understand what I am talking about. Good luck and I am so sorry for your loss.