Reston, Virginia

Yesterday we lost out fur-baby Gabby a 10 year old domestic short hair. We went to Bansfield in Dec for the 1st time and enrolled in their wellness plan, they put her on thyroid meds that should have been closely monitored but failed to tell us that, then put her on FIRST SHIELD flea meds which should have never been given to a older kitty.

A week ago she was sitting in the sun loving life and us by Wednesday not eating, Thursday back to bansfield, then we started to assist feed her not at their suggestion but by reading on the net, Saturday we went back she had lost a pound all they could say is I don't know, told us to keep giving her the thyroid meds trans-dermal, we did, she was in a lot of pain at that point. Sunday she just sat there looking out into space, so yesterday we took er back at 10 they put her on IV, AT 3:30 we went and got her and took her to another vet to do a transfusion as her white count was realllly high, the doctor at BANSFIELD told us he was like a GP and we needed a specialist. During the ride she just laid in my arms a couple times I thought she had stopped breathing.

we arrived at the vets and they were filing out the paperwork and came in during that and told us she was trying to die did we want CPR we told them no, so they moved us to a different room brought her back to us and gave her the injection that took her life and our hearts, the look she gave us last week as we were trying to help her will always be in my heart. Bansfield might appear to be saving you money it might but it sure appears they take a lot of our dear friends away from us.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

Facebook is a place for Pet lovers to interact with Banfield Pet Hospitals and with one another. Banfield welcomes differing opinions – but not to the detriment or disturbance of the community and its individual members.

It would not be in the spirit of Banfield, facebook or social media in general to prevent fans from interacting within this community. Unfortunately, there will inevitably be a few individuals who, from time to time, will try to upset the community. So, when we see behavior threatening to the Banfield facebook community or individuals within it, in accordance with facebook’s Terms of Service, we will delete comments.

If an individual’s disruptive behavior persists, then we may block that user from participating. I now have been blocked by banfield they dont know me, I will get this message through, Mars owns banfied they need to stick to candy leave health care to professionals....

Our dog was fine on Thursday but our almost 6 year old Chihuahua was not going to the bathroom by Friday and just laying around so we took him to Banfield on Saturday and no of the doctors or the lady at the front desk would even look at him. She was rude and so why don't u go to another banfield so we did and we got we are overbooked even though there is a sign that says sick or injured dogs are seen immediately, but we got the same answer as the first one, so why don't you make an appointment, by Monday when we did the doctor said he's in dire need of critical care and we rushed him to a real vet and tried everything to save him, but come to find out Banfield neglected to find out that he two heart conditions that he was born with.

He passed away just 4 days ago.

They don't care it's about how much money they can make in a day. Your family has my sympathy's, cause we know you feel right now.

I called your team what a joke, I was also concerned that first shield the flea meds you had us use could have played a part in gabbys death, first shield wanted to send gabby remains to u of michigan to do an autopsy but she had already been cremated, they adressed the issue and were concerned more than I can say about bansfield, first shield was going to pay to find out the cause of her death. I would love to hear from others who have lost their babies there is strength in numbers..my email is dayoneyes@aol.com

dlee96

My family and I are in league with the suffering you are experiencing. My dog, Kuki, recently passed away from a similar event at Banfield.

They are bastards and don't care about your pet. You have my family's sympathy.

First of all we want to say how sorry we are for the loss of Gabby. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way.

We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to address your specific concerns. Please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288, thank you.