Laguna Niguel, California

-Incompetent front desk reception

-Lacking communication skills

-Fail to make a connection with customer and pet

-Vet makes guess diagnosis

-Slap a bandaid on problem by prescribing drugs and antibiotics too quickly

-Customers and pets treated are like a number

- Long wait time for poor quality service

-They do not make you feel like they genuinely care about you and your pet

This is not the first time Banfield has disappointed me, however, this is the first time I am sharing my experience. I called Banfield Thursday and explained my 9 month old dog suddenly started barking and displaying discomfort or separation anxiety everyday since Tuesday. I told the receptionist that I had my dog since he was 9 weeks and he has never behaved this way. I told her I was fearful that he had some sort pain or other ailment. I have the wellness plan so I thought it was a reasonable request to have an exam before considering bark collar, medication etc. I also explained he had been sneezing this week and I wanted the Vet to check ear, throat or nose. She agreed and made me the soonest appointment for Sunday. When I arrived for my appointment the receptionist Mimi told me I was not in the computer system for an appointment. She explained that she was experiencing trouble saving my appointment in the system and she had tried all day Saturday. She said she didn't think the Vet would be able to assist me today. She asked me, "do you know why your here anyway'" I said, "Of course I know why I here, I want my dog to have an exam and discuss options/solutions to the recent stress my dog is expressing", She went to the back and the Vet assistant Chris came out to speak to me. He said they could not examine my dog since they could not record visit in the computer. He said it was against the law to treat a pet and not have an appointment. I told him I was very disappointed in the lack of courtesy and asked why didn't they attempt to contact me and let me know there was a problem. He said you picked up Trifexious at another location and we are having trouble transferring the records back. I was in tears and expressed I was concerned for my pets health and well being and I wanted them to examine my dog. Meanwhile, my Vet walked back and fourth a few times she could see that I was in tears and hear the frustration in my voice but did not have the decency to acknowledge me. My Vet (Dr. Shoolman) simply allowed her assistant to stand there and continue to make excuses. I told him no matter what problem is they were having with the computer they should of showed some customer service and gave me a courtesy call. I politely asked him to show some regard for my pets well being. I told him it was not appropriate to just say sorry and send a pet away and simply say sorry we can not help you today. He did not make any suggestions or offer any solutions he did not offer to call me tomorrow and say he would try to fix computer problem. He just simply handed me his managers card and said you can call and make a complaint if you want.

I sincerely hope Petsmart will get rid of this grossly careless company. I love and respect Petsmart, Banfields does not provide me and my pet with superior customer service. I am not being offered solutions, superb customer service, superior products from Banfield and its associates. Petsmart please do not let Banfield ruin your reputation.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

• Sentence

Comments

go to Value Vet they are cheaper and have better doctors :)

oops sorry my bad I am one of those white trash blue collar workers who hate on customers...I'm a lonely hag with nothing but this site to help me spread my hateful antics. Type in my userid: LadyScot in the search option and see how many times I have shared my ignorant foolish hateful comments, don't bother reading the above manifesto of my experiences in retail it took me over 2 hours to compose, proof I have nothing better to do and that no one loves me or cares about me and I am a bitter hateful old fool and take it out on as many people on this site as I possibly can it doesn't matter if your complaints are valid all that matters is that I try to beat you down and show everyone what a *** I am! Please forgive my continued ignorance I can't help myself.

SLUG! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Hi I'm very sorry for your horrible experience that's not all ban fields and if I were you I'd ask your Banfield to have there chief of staff call you and tell him your experience there is things that can be done to fix this

LadyScot

Incompetent? Are you a vet?

Know the law?

Did you know what is wrong with your dog? And you have the nerve to call them incompetent?

@LadyScot

Its my experience, my opinion and my right to express my dissatisfaction. The manager called and said the sorry she admitted her staff was wrong.

She thanked me for the candid feedback and saw it as an oppertuniy to train and educate her team. Often change won't come unless people take time to speak up and it would be horrible if sick pets continue to be turned away.

@Anonymous

And it is our right to call it ***.

AND IT'S NOT OUR RIGHT TO CALL IT ***

@Anonymous

And it is our right to call it ***.

@LadyScot

WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST *** ALREADY GETTING TIRED OF YOU TROLLIN *** YOU'RE NOT A VET EITHER SO *** AND GET A REAL JOB YOU "GAINFULLY EMPLOYED" HUSSY! FAT FLOB!