New Orleans, Louisiana
6.4K views 44 comments

THIS PLAN IS A SCAM.The vet office personnel tells you that the plan can be cancelled at anytime but the corporate office advises you that you are roped into a one year contract.

We called back in June of 2011 to advise them that we were changing vets and wanted to cancel the plan. They quickly told us we were under contract until October 2011 to call back and cancel then. We did a follow-up call to cancel and was told it auto renewed. WHAT???

Auto renewed without our authorization!!

They are now sending us threatening letters that if we don't pay all the arrears to bring our plan up to date they will send it to collection.We don't even use Banfield as a vet anymore...this is ridiculous.

Review about: Wellness Plan.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

Elaine Luna
San Jose, California, United States #1336643

Banfield is a rip off.They say they give you all these discounts on medicine and services when actually they don't.

They failed to diagnosed my dog for having lymphoma and said it was a bacterial infection in stomach. Finally referred by to a specialist and he diagnosed Lymphoma. My dog died.

What even made it worse I had to pay into the plan for another 6 months for a dead dog.Plus the Vets there were so young it looked like they may of just gotten out of Vet School.

San Jose, California, United States #1265997

The vet there tried to charge me $133 for amoxicillian!!! Target = $3 to fill it.

Luckily I'm savvy on rx refills.

cancelling today.

Its a terrible thing that has to stop, i know there are some good people that work there really caring about there position, but if something goes wrong, look out, it is a professional bullying situation that must be stopped.

The place I work says that too but it doesn't actually go to collections. I wanted to cancel my plan and they told me the same thing. Did they send it to collections or did you just pay?

lilbit
#1021964

I just tried to cancel my plan.Unfortunately my sons ex-girlfriend signed agreement.

She is gone no way to contact her.

They still would not cancel the plan.Told me to call bank and stop payment.So wrong they do not care all they want is the money.

I took my dog into Banfield in Fort Collins,Co.He was real sick.

They conducted test and told us to come back in a few days. Well, we didn't make it back, because he died.

We asked to stop making payments, and was told we had to pay until the contract ended.I don't understand why they want to add more pain to an already painful situation..

fed up
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States #974345

They are as crooked as a politician.I canceled my pets and they are still billing me 4 months later.

Luckily I recorded my calls and they were caught lying when I called to complain.Even with proof against them they still are fighting the refund.

Brandon, Florida, United States #947448

Same exact thing is happening to me!I do not recommend Banfield to any new pet owner.

They have no real concern for your pet! All they care about is their freaking money.

Never again.DO NOT USE BANFIELD

Chris
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States #934819

Such a ripoff, I put my pet on the wellness plan last August and all she got was the comprehensive checkup and blood work done.I authorized my mother to be able to pick up my pet while i am at work and they made it so that she is the primary account holder.

My pet, my credit card but yea i want someone else controlling the account, sure banfield whatever you say. The treatment for my pet according to them was over 500 and now if i want to cancel before the year is up i have to pay a balance of almost 300, for insurance i never use.

Total ripoff do yourself a favor and don't ever sign up a pet for this wellness plan, it covers nothing.Sure i can take my pet in whenever i want but when she needs anything at all I pay for it at a "discount".

GLORIA

MY PET DIED IN OCTOBER AND THEY STILL WERE COLLECTING PAYMENTS.WHEN I CALLED TO CANCEL MY PLAN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON TOLD ME THAT IT WAS PLAN AND NOT INSURACE BECAUSE I USED IN BEGINNING 2014 THIS PLAN IS ONLY TO GIVE YOU DISCOUNT.

HE HAD NO COMPASION WHEN TOLD HIM THAT MY HAD DIED.

HE SAID IT'S A BUSINESS .