Mckinney, Texas

Eleven years ago we signed up for Banfield's wellness program with our new puppy, Bo. It was great having the wellness program for vaccines and routine check ups.

This past weekend we had to put Bo down. We have never had any emergency visits until last weekend. We ended up paying out-of-pocket $600 when it was all said and done. We called this afternoon to cancel the wellness program that we have faithfully paid for monthly for 11 years.

The jerks charged us $103.80 to cancel even though we paid to have our pet put down at their clinic. This was not mentioned when we signed up. Beware...I think it's *** business and they suck! Over the years we have paid over $3300.00 in monthly dues with no medical procedures needed.

Not to mentioned they never found a cancerous tumor (that was huge, about the size of a mans hand, ) until this past weekend! I would definitely categorize them as giant bags of vinegar and water.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Bogus and false charges

Comments

It is stated in your OWP sign up contract, which all clients get a copy of, that it is a one year contract, and if god forbid, something happens with your pet, we are not able to waive any fees, and the monthly payments will continue to be drafted out. This is a corporate policy and not able to be changed from location to location. I can almost guarantee you that the tumor has been spoken about, you probably blew it off as most clients do.

davis.linda13
@Justicar

Yes, Banfield is so ethical! The vets are inept and cannot even diagnose the basic animal issues, up charge cliients, over book, use untrained staff because it is cheaper!

Everything is way over charged usually 3-6 times most other clinics! I vet that does not over charged, and actually takes his time with pets. All that Banfield is not. I doubt any of the employee even know how to be ethical.

Oh, and screw your Wellness Plan!

For the same amount of money you can ger actual pet insurance, that cover medical emergencies! Oh, my pets got fixed for 150 dollars, which included blood work, and pain medication.