Pasadena, California

I went to the Banfield Hospital in San Bernardino because I had a coupon for a free office visit and consulation for my cat.I wanted her teeth looked at and a blood test to ck for thyroid problems.The vet talked to me for approx. 10 min.

and told me her teeth were bad and some needed to be pulled.He also suggested the wellness plan.He left the room and the vet tech got on the computer and started typing a bunch of stuff.I told her I didn't need the wellness plan because my cat was 13 and aside from teeth cleaning I wouldn't be bringing her in much at all.She hadn't been to the vet in 12 years and has been blessed with good health.She told me it would cost between $600.00- 900.00. I told her there was no way I could afford that and asked her if we could just do a blood test to ck her thyroid and make sure she was healthy enough for teeth cleaning.She said they could but it would not apply to the teeth cleaning package and when I did decide to bring her back for teeth cleaning they would have to charge me again.I told her I would get back to them.She told me they weren't the cheapest around but not the most expensive either.She was really nice but they rip you off.They seem more concerned about the money than the animal.I went to see my vet for a 2nd opinion today.He recommended a senior blood panel and if everything looks good,teeth cleaning.$89.00 for blood panel,$69.00 for teeth cleaning.If he had to extract teeth,$15.00-25.00 per tooth.Wow,what a difference.He also took the time to talk to me and was very caring.Very important to shop around and also look at customer reviews.I will never go back to Banfield.They are way too expensive...

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Sellwood – We try to provide affordable care while doing a thorough job to take care of your cat. Please contact our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com to see if there is any way that we may be able to assist you. Most sincerely, Lisa Banfield Online Community Manager