Fort Worth, Texas

We've been wellness plan customers for almost 20 years. Never a late payment until May 2016. Our bank detected fraud on our checking account and cancelled our debit cards, then mailed new ones. We updated all our accounts as soon as we knew.

1 of our 4 dogs' accounts at Banfield didn't get the Wellness Plan payment for May. It's Sept 28th and I got a call from a collections agency. First notice I've had that there was an issue.

I called corporate to hopefully 'right the ship' but they could not care less. They said, "it's probably because you might have checked the box for do not contact", which I doubt we did. Then when I said I might cancel he transferred me to a collection guy so I could pay off the remainder of the balances on the accounts and them they'd cancel.

Get real pet insurance, this is horrible. One of our car notes had a similar issue and they rescinded the fee and removed the late payment reference without our even asking (only explaining what happened).

Avoid this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments