My daughters puppy was taken to Banfield animal hospital in Waterbury CT on August 2nd, 2012 for excess vomiting.She was given medicine and got worse very quickly.

Within a an hour and three times in two hours I asked If we could bring her back in and they said there was nothing else they could give her and were closing in two hours.

We took her to an all night hospital who immediately took x rays and were concerned enough to keep her overnight for testing.At 4:30am the next morning and $2000 later we were told our new puppy would have to be put down because she had gradually gotten worse and they could not maintain her blood pressure enough for surgery.

Our family is devestated and we will do anything to make Banfield pay.

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

I'm sorry but I have to agree with the person who posted this review.My shih Tzu has been sick for weeks I pay for the so called wellness plan....funny thing is my dog was healthy before we set foot in banfield.

She was given her vaccines and first shield flea med after they convinced me to change from comfortis she has been sick ever since and they don't help there is no concern or compassion.

My dogs are like my children think of how someone would feel if his was their child.I am stuck paying for the wellness plan now for a year.

IfHumansHadDogsSouls

It's obvious you care very little about anyone but yourself "like Banfield" who have almost 900 complaints about them online.

I hope you work for and go down with them :)

I can't even believe your response, that's exactly the type of people we are complaining about.When a sick dog is in the hospital and has been seen and sent away just to be neglected services for another 7 hours left in the day, that's not trying to get out of work on time, that's neglect.

Much could have been done during those 7 hours they kept turning us away-they were Nilla's vet and we had coverage at that location-we deserved to be seen and then maybe told to go to another hospital if it warranted at that time.They never bothered following up with care when there was plenty of time to help her, that's the issue!!

IfHumansHadDogsSouls

They did exactly what a non-emergency hospital should do - send a very sick animal to a facility that will be there all night.

Don't you like to go home on time?Vets and Vet Techs are people, too.

I stay late at times, but you cannot expect people to stay at work all night, every night.

If it isn't your pet, it is someone else's.I wish I could save every animal I come across, but we all deserve lives outside of work.

They had no clue if there was nothing else they could do because they kept telling us on the phone not to come in. When after 3 hours, vomiting every 5 minutes and 3 more calls to Banfield, at 5pm we were told not to bother coming in because they were closing at 7pm. That's not knowing if there was anything else they could do, if anything it just shows how callous and unconcerned they were, exactly why they need to take ownership that they were neglegent.

Jen, my daughter was told the hospital could not do anything because they were closing two hours later, we were only 20 minutes away.Earlier treatment could have prevented this which is why we are working with the all night hospital that did care for her to help resolve this.

Banfield administered the medicine and didn't want anything to do with her afterwards.

No mention of taking her elsewhere.They were only conserned about going home on time.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Sncktyme - We are sorry about your family’s loss of your daughter’s puppy. After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information regarding the care that your daughter’s puppy received at Banfield. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com?

Most sincerely,

Lisa

Banfield Online Community Manager

I can't understand why you are mad at the first hospital... What did you want them to do? I'm sure they told you to take her to the emergency hospital if there was nothing else they could do...