Hillsboro, Oregon

When I signed up for pet insurance for my dogs 5 years ago I was told I could cancel the policies anytime I wanted to. After paying into these insurance plans for 5 years I felt like I should be considered a valuable customer.

The problems started one vet visit when they told us one of our two dogs was behind on his boosters and we would need to pay additional fees to get him caught up. This would be impossible as both our dogs go in at the same time for the boosters. After arguing we gave in and paid out of pocket for the additional booster and thought that was the end of it. Then they said the same thing about the same dog on our next visit.

We were very unhappy with Banfield at this point. Not as unhappy as I was months later when I received a letter saying I had been sent to collections by banfield. I called banfield and was told I had an outstanding balance of $32. Never called me, never sent me a letter, just sent me to collections over $32 whole dollars I never even knew I owed them.

I said enough was enough. I paid the $32 and called there customer service center to cancel my plans. This is when I was told that I would have to pay a $100 cancellation for each dog because They had recently been to the vet for their regular visits and they cannot cancel the insurance until I have paid enough to pay those visits off. What a joke.

Don't give these crooks your money.

They act like you save so much money, it only looks like you're saving because they charge 10x what other vets charge. They are a scam and a ripoff.

Comments