Raleigh, North Carolina

I purchased my plan 1 year ago. Everything was good till I asked about the 2nd year.

It automatically renews. NO BIG DEAL. just call and cancel. On hold now for more than 1 hour NOT ONLY am I going to cancel Charlie my dog is going to find a new VET This customer service sucks.

DO NOT SIGN UP. I can only imagine what goes on behind the doors now when I can not see my dog.

TRY calling the # is 866-894-7927. This company is BAD...SCAM

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Killed pet.

Comments

No doubt the number you called automatically asked you what your call was in reference to via an automated system. I'll bet the system gave you options for help services as well as to press a particular number button or enter an extension for canceling or non renewing the plan.

If so, no wonder no one got back to you. On the other hand I'll bet if had been calling to inquire or sign up for the Wellness Plan your call would have been answered by a very pleasant individual in a matter of seconds.

Being on hold with the CORPORATE office (wellness plan relations team) for over an hour does NOT have anything to do with each individual hospital.

It's really sad that you think they are mis treating pets at their offices and that you are finding a new vet just because of a long hold time with corporate.

I've been on a long hold multiple times with my doctors office 800 number when I call to schedule appts or refill my prescriptions but I don't blame the location that I go to because it has NOTHING to do with the care they provide.

Banfield has thousands of hospitals nationwide and only 1 corporate office.

Maybe you are calling at a time that usually has the most people calling. Either way, again, it has NOTHING to do with each individual location and the care/customer service each location provides.

This is one of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever seen.

@Anonymous

Why would I want to deal with that? I can email, leave a message via Yelp, call, or walk into vet's office.

I have never been denied a visit. The vet visit is 30 dollars spay and neuter is reasonable. She talks to you. Some of my pets are rescues and some a purchased.

They treat them all the same. Her rentals, with extraction are a little over a hundred. Blood work is 50! So explain to me why Banfield is so expensive when my vet works in a expensive part of town, helps rescues, and is ethical.

Banfield is NOT ethical and uses deceptive means to get customers to sign up for their *** wellness plan.

Screw that! Find a reasonable prices vet!

@Anonymous

You absolutely CANNOT compare pricing.

I HIGHLY doubt a FULL blood panel (cbc/iof/differential/electrolytes) is only $50.

The spay and neuter may be way cheaper bUT there's probably a reason for that.

At banfield the spay/neuter and dental cleaning come with a FULL blood panel, IV catheter, IV fluids, pain injection, pre medications, and all types of constant monitoring (pulse ox, temp, heart rate, anesthesia, oxygen levels, blood pressure etc). They also have a tech monitoring everything, all the machine AND physical monitoring. You cant always rely on machines.

A ton of cheap places don't have even half that kind of monitoring, they don't place an IV catheter and they don't give IV fluids.

Banfield also uses human grade anesthesia and it's one, if not the most, safest anesthesia they have on the market. I've also known a ton of places that may have the monitoring equipment, but don't have anyone actually monitoring it and physically monitoring.

@Anonymous

She does all that and unlike Banfield her vet techs are fully licenced by the state of California. I know Banfield does not do so. So I would shut the *** up.Oh, and my Burmese made it out just fine with her teeth cleaning.

@Anonymous

You absolutely CANNOT compare pricing.

The spay and neuter may be way cheaper bUT there's probably a reason for that.