Seattle, Washington

Took my little 10 lb dog in for a limp. They said watch the limp as she has a MILD problem with her back but she really needed a tooth pulled.

OK so I made an appointment to have her tooth pulled. The very next day after surgery she started having seizures (she had teeth pulled before at another vet and did not have this reaction). The vet said she need seizure medicine. She just got worse and worse (blind and unable to walk) and I was left with only two choices - watch her health continue or to put her to sleep.

I have sinced researched and read that an overdose for the dental surgery can cause seizures and would cease within a few weeks. I was not advised of this. Nor was I advised that the medicine used to control seizures would cause blindness and difficulty in standing and walking. This dog was under the Wellness Plan for only two months - paying another 10 months premium for a dead dog that they killed, And to top it off I specifically told the vet that as long as the dog is fighting to be well I would not put her down.

One day she wasn't eating or walking and I thought that must a sign and I took her in - but could not stand the guilt of seeing her put down I thought she would just continue to lay and sleep while she was put down - but I walked past the dog and my poor little puppy was fighting so hard it took two vet assistants to hold her down. I would have stopped the procedure right then if it hadn't already been started.

She fought to live. I will NEVER take another animal to Banfield!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

I have an attorney in Washington D.C. that will take the case if I can get as many consumers as possible that had a pet die from Banfield Pet Hospital. It will be a class action lawsuit, please contact me with details at Facebook/Ban Banfield and Banfield Team you will be blocked.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Anonymous - We are so sorry for your loss and want you to know that we are thinking about you during this difficult time. Thank you for bringing your experience and concerns to our attention.

We truly appreciate your honest feedback.

When you are ready, and if you see fit, please reach out to our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,