I took my beautiful Westie to Banfield, Austell GA on 10/21.She had been rubbing and biting her paws and had become very lethargic the day before and wouldn't eat.
Our appt was at 11:30 and I was told they wanted to do some xrays and I needed to leave her there for a couple hours. I left her and called the hospital around 2:30 for her status and was told the Vet would call me back with the results. Finally after not hearing anything I went back to the hospital at 4pm, where the vet came out and told me the xrays didnt show anything but she wanted to do another test and get a urine sample. After the blood test was done, about 5pm they tell me my dog's liver and kidney levels were high and wanted to give her a fluid iv to flush her kidneys out and for me to bring her back the next day for addtl fluids.
Well my poor baby never made it back the next day. We left there and she was so sick and limp, that I immediately drove to a nearby emergency vet hospital where my fur baby went into cardiac arrest and died. They asked for a run down of what happened that day, because she was only 7. I dont know what Banfield was doing to her, she was there ALL day yet they didn't think to do a blood test until 5pm.
Instead they kept suggesting testing that costs money - xrays, etc. Where the blood test is included in the plan I paid for and if they would have ran that when we 1st got there.
Please take your beloved pets to a real private vet who cares and will give them specialized attention.Not Banfield!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Banfield Pet Hospital Vet Service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "We started going to Banfield in April 2008....we took our oldest of three poms sofie there first. They did a dental and blood test on her. Everything was going ok..."
- "We used First Shield Trio for two months with no problems. Yesterday was the third month so we applied the application as usual and our 8.5 pound peekapoo puppy started..."
- "In December 2013 I brought my little 9lb. 11yr.old yorkie in to check her ear, while I was there I inquired about the recall letter I received from wormsheild. ..."
- "Keystone Raptor purchased new may31 2014. Has been in a shop since June 3 2014..we have maybe used it 6weeks since purchase. Ac won't cool all of camper . dealer..."
- "We purchased an enclosed cargo trailer manufactured by forest river, inc. We have towed this trailer about 3,000 miles and took delvery in November 2010. The roof is separating..."
- "This product has broken my whole body and my hair has soars in them my name is nina hawkins 678_613_6445..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."