1.6
Poster decreased review rating.

First of all, while I will not deny attempts have been made to contact me, I will say that your representative ALWAYS call me when I am at work and I have explicitly told them that information and asked that they instead call my husband's number to get the bill taken care of.Instead your people continue to call my cellular phone when I am at work.

As a member of the US Air Force and a medical professional, this is GREATLY inconvenient and not conducive to me doing my job. I am in a biological hazard room, dealing with terminally ill patients and you are calling me about paying a Bill? As if their lives are less important than your money? Inappropriate and unacceptable!

I work during the day and it's almost like despite my requests you refuse to acknowledge that. Which brings me to my next point. My husband has tried on MANY occassions to contact your company to square off the bill and cancel services. My puppy is GONE, and we do not need services anymore (not that we utilized these overpriced services often to begin with,but that's neither here nor there).

Everytime he tries to contact you, you transfer to someone that never picks up. You try to bully us into paying without at least making sure we can cancel our account. We should not have to pay off the account and then be further charged for services we no longer use. I have/had no problem paying the bill.

Fair is fair.But your company, along with others such as Comcast overcharge, continue to charge and then make it so that people need an act of God to cancel services!

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Optimum Wellness Plan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Actual vets at the location i visited.

I didn't like: Exploitation of finances, Wellness plan and treatment of pet, False advertising the plan, Impossible customer service.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

I want to start with THANK YOU for your service!

I worked at banfield for 6yrs.

I no longer work there, I now work at a privately owned clinic. I absolutely loved the doctors I worked with at banfield, they were phenomenal. One vet I worked with is no longer there, she's at a practice by my house, So even tho I work at a clinic, I still take my pets to see her. I also still keep in contact with the other vet and a few of my old coworkers.

I however, am not a fan of the company itself. So I'm definitely not sticking up for banfield as a whole.

I'm going to try to explain the wellness plan and why they are having you pay etc.

So the wellness plan isn't insurance. It's basically a preventive care package with major discounts.

So, in the contract that is signed when you first sign up, it states if you cancel for any reason, including the pet passing away, you either pay the remainder of the months you owe or the services you have used at cost, whichever is cheaper.

This is why they do that. So for example say you are on the puppy wellness plan that is $42/mo that includes unlimited office visits, all the vaccines, spay/neuter, deworming, fecal exams, heartworm test, 2 comprehensive exams and 10% off anything not included. Here is roughly the pricing WITHOUT the plan (All depends where you live) -Office visit $45 each time -Vaccines $15-$30 per vaccine (puppies get 1-3 vaccines every 3wks from 8wks old until 16-18wks...

So you have used over $500-$600 worth of services (which is more than the entire year for the plan) but you've only paid $170. So in that case, it would be cheaper for you to pay off the remainder of the months VS the services you've already used. If they allowed ppl to cancel whenever, people would get all the stuff at the beginning, only pay a couple months and then cancel. As I said, it's not insurance.

So you aren't really paying for services you haven't used. I hope that broke it down for you to where you understand why they have you continue to pay. I totally agree with you on some parts though. If you've told them multiple times to call a different number & they keep calling you, that is ridiculous.

Please file a complaint with corporate. I'm very sorry that you lost your pup. I truly hope you get everything figured out. Good luck!

& again, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!Stay safe!