We were new to Trinity, Florida and thought that a pet hospital inside Pet Smart would be reputable. One of my biggest mistakes in my life when are dog, Pepper, was misdiagnosed with pancreatitis, and died the next day.

In addition to the chaotic, incompetent care, their mission is to sell you health plans. Within 2 minutes the pressure was on to purchase the plan. Next we were shuttled and Pepper was examined by vet who wouldn't introduce herself because we were passed off to another vet(who was subsequently fired within a few days) in this mill like setting. $300 later with unneccessary drugs Pepper was released to us with no consultation by an untrained tech.

She progressively worsened throughout the night and died the next morning back at Banfield. As I'm standing over my dead dog, a clueless staff member is trying to sell my an expensive urn. Also, as Pepper is in exam room, the attending vet had to leave the room because he couldn't tolerate the smell. Is this the first dying animal he has treated?

The leadership at Banfield in Trinity refused to help in transporting my dog to have a necropsy conducted affirming the misdiagnosis. Overall, poor business practices, poor health care for my dog, in additon to questionable ethical standards.

Comments