My dog was 3 years old on 4/31/2017 and died 5/4/2017 my dog was seen at banifeild pet hospital for a routine check up. Him and my younger english bulldog who is 2.

He was a healthy vibrant and of weight english bulldog with no health issues. 2 days after receiving the bordetella shot I came home and he was stiff. no reasons he was breathing heavy before we left but the house was cool he had not been outside since earlier that day. He had a sudden death from that shot.

I will be trying to contact to be advised about further proceedings as he was a family member not just a dog. Tune-chi

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: pet has died.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

This is ridiculous. Bordetella has the lowest vaccine reaction rate of all the vaccines.

Death due to vaccines (anaphylactic reaction) happen within hours, not days. Your dog was breathing heavy when you left the house.

Bulldogs are prone to respiratory issues and I have seen several die suddenly when they appeared fine just hours before. Any bulldog owner should seek immediate care if their bulldog exhibits any signs of difficulty breathing.

nproto

4/30/2017**** typo

Causation vs. correlation

duck272

1.) Are you sure it was the vaccine that caused him to die? If you seriously think so, you should have a necropsy done to confirm it.

2.) Not sure how it would be Banfield's fault. If it turns out that it was the vaccine that killed him, I'd contact the drug manufacturer.

FineYoungAiden2005