Laveen, Arizona

My dog, Max, died on May 9, 2014 of liver failure. I went home that day, my pug could barely walk, and was out of it. He was being treated at Banfield on 7th Street and Bell, in Phoenix, AZ for about a month prior, as he was not eating and losing weight rapidly. I called them that evening, and because it was so late in the day, (5:30 p.m.), they refused to see us. Even though, it was obvious to everyone involved, my dog was dying, the timing of it was more important, even after asking the vet. They referred us to an emergency facility.

They were AWESOME at this facility, the First Assistance 24 hour care. They brought him in right away, and did not beat around the bush for hours, giving me false hope. We had to put my beloved Max down, one of the toughest decisions of my life. They were caring and understanding. Something I never felt at your facility.

Now, to add insult to injury, I can't cancel the Wellness Plan because I haven't covered the expense?? How is that a program? I had to pay $540 to the emergency care facility, which was worth every penny. But i feel offended that I will have to continue the plan, or pay $127 to cancel it. What a scam you run! So I was never paying for a program as you led me to believe, but just for the care up front. Maybe you should say that UP FRONT, instead of me finding out I didn't read the tiny fine print.

I will not ever be back to Banfield, and as all my family goes there, this news will spread. I may even call the news so that everyone knows. Thank you for making such a hard time for me, an even harder time. Obviously, you care nothing about the animals or their families...only how much you can drain from them.

Sandra Leiper

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Sandra - We are so sorry for your loss and are thinking about you during this difficult time. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We apologize for the lack of care and understanding you have been shown by our staff and we would like to speak with you further to address your situation.

At your convenience, please contact our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,