Bradenton, Florida

I took my 2 dogs for the very first time using the insurance plan and all the paperwork I had for both of them. One of them had a dental procedure and both just general check and vaccines.

My younger dog had some of the vaccines couple months ago and they gave them to my dog again!

I swear if something happens to my dog they wont have anywhere to go! I will make to suspend their licenses! THE REASON I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE MY OLDER DOG HAD A DENTAL CHECK WHICH WAS UNDER ANESTHESIA AND I WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT THE COMPLICATIONS AND MY 6YO MALE DOG, SUPER HEALTHY DOG BECAUSE EVEN THEM SAW IT ON THE RESULTS HAS FOUND AFTER 3 DAYS OF THE PROCEDURE DEAD AT HOME! THIS *** PEOPLE KILLED MY DOG!

The best part is when I go there they said I signed a form where I assume all the responsibility if something happens to my dog, well yes I signed a form but when I asked the girl who was "helping me" said it was just a drop off form which IT WAS NOT! now my dog is dead my other dog vaccinated twice in less than 2 months! THEIR STAFF IS JUST RIDICULOUS!!! THEY DONT KNOW WHAT IN THE *** THEY ARE DOING!

I asked for an autopsy and one of them said they could only check for bites just in case it was because a spider, etc. and that I will have to pay for the autopsy if I wanted it! well GUESS WHAT!? I took my dog's dead body to them and they had to pay for it!

I took my dog to them thinking I will keep him healthy and 3 days later of the first visit my dog is dead!

DONT EVER GO TO THIS PEOPLE! because is obvious all thay care is about money!

• horrible staff
  • kill dog
  • dead dog

Comments

wow we just went there and they where very rude we will never do business with them or petsmart ur post was a very true assessment of a horrible staff

I've been taking my 3 dogs to them for 8 years. They are the Best!

They always treat my dogs with love and care. I've used Banfield in Florida as well as Colorado.

I think something is not being told here. I'm sorry for your lose...

You all lack empathy and are jerks! He lost his dog, and they over vaccinated his other dog!

Which, can cause problems down the line. You "vet professionals" also forgot to mention that that dental procedures are dangerous because the build up on the teeth, if ingested, can cause infection in other parts of the body. Usually at Banfield, these procedures are dome by an unlicensed "pet nurse". Ethical vets, sometimes are hesitate to perform dental for this reason.

Banfield is known for overbooking procedures, not giving clear instructions on aftercare, overdosing animals, neglect, caring more for money than pet, and I can go on and on. Look at the numerous complaints! Instead of showing this person, whom lost his pet compassion, you show him disdain and cruelty. I doubt it is just a coincidence that his dog died three days after the procedure.

He is upset and it is not slander to recount the incompetence he experienced at this Banfield. Are you saying all the thousands of complaints about this company are false?

Ya, right. Get a soul!

When you sign up on a wellness plan you get boosters that are included in it the first year. I know this because I just got one of my pets on one.

I will say a few days later?

Sounds like you need to take responsibly for something here. No systems before hand, but it is easier to blame someone else so why not!

Firstly, I would wait until the results of a necropsy before making any accusations. Obviously you upset because you pet passed away unexpectedly but until you know 100% what caused it you do not have a legal leg to stand on & you risk opening yourself up to accusations of slander, and also of making any vets in the area nervous to work with you in the future if you are wrong (Veterinary Medicine is a small, close-knit community & local bad/abusive clients get well known in the professional community quickly).

Secondly I would recommend (if you can at this point) paying to get the necropsy done at an impartial Veterinary hospital where they have someone properly trained to do it. Your average vet only does a handful necropsies in Vet school & is not familiar enough with them to accurately determine COD in most cases. Just like you would need a specialist to do this in human medicine, you really should have a specialist do this in veterinary medicine as well if you want the most accurate/best results.

Lastly, have a look at all of the paperwork you have for your dog that got vaccinated twice in 2 months & see what type of vaccine was repeated?

Some vaccines (i.e Parvo, Distemper, Leptospirosis, Lyme, Influenza etc etc) do need to be repeated in puppies or dogs that have not been kept up-to-date on their vaccines.

If it was something else then you have a valid complaint but you will need proof that they knowingly repeated a vaccine that did not need to be boostered. i.e did you provide them with documentation that it had already been done recently & is that documentation from a reliable source that a vet could trust to be sure that the vaccine had been give in an appropriate way (it should have either a Vet or a licensed nurses signature, vaccine info/lot number/serial number on it.

WOW, Ben you making a lot of assumptions about another individuals situation! You are criticizing them of jumping to a conclusion or accusation of malpractice, but you are arrogant enough to jump to the conclusion they are trying to blame someone for the death of their pet, without any personal involvement!

It sounds factual that the dog was vaccinated twice in two months, which you claim is not dangerous, says who? I would not want my dog vaccinated twice in two months any more than my child - vaccinations come with risks! Being vaccinated twice by Banfield when proper documentation is a mistake, if not negligant.

The vet choose his profession knowing the salary potential, what in the world does that have anything to do with providing proper care? :upset

Really, your loss is A BILLION dollars? Get real.

It's unlikely that your pet died of some sort of malpractice if he died three whole days later, unless you somehow just ignored any post-anesthetic symptoms he was having. Funny how you don't mention how he died at all - if it was suddenly, if you just found him dead, or if he was sick for several days. It is highly unlikely that they did anything wrong and it is wrong for you to sling such accusations without any proof or details. I can think of a few things that happened: 1) your dog had an underlying disease that went undetected with routine tests (not because of negligence, but just because routine tests don't screen for everything under the sun) and the anesthesia lowered your dog's defenses against it. 2) your dog had a bad reaction to anesthesia. This is a very rare complication. If this was the case, your dog would have been showing symptoms immediately and had you ignored them for three whole days, then your negligence lead to your dog's demise. 3) Your dog had a sudden and acute injury or poisoning. He could have been bitten by spiders, snakes, gotten into rat bait, eaten poisonous plants (like grapes, onions, many common household plants that aren't poisonous to us), or could have had heat stroke - leading to his sudden death. It's really impossible to tell what happened given the lack of details you provided. My guess is that you are just trying to blame someone.

As far as your other dog getting vaccinated again 2 months later - do you know if it was for the same vaccines or a different set? Lets say for a minute they did mess up and vaccinate twice in a 2 month period for the same vaccine - it doesn't matter. Vaccines given 2 months apart aren't any more dangerous than giving them 1 year apart. Yes, it's unnecessary, but not dangerous. It's not something to get your panties in a twist about. And next time you should READ what you sign - all the fine print. Don't blame other people because you were too dumb to read the liability release on the drop off form.

You should really look into the matter more deeply before dragging a good veterinarian's name through the mud. Vet's don't make a lot of money. NO VET EVER GOT INTO THIS FIELD FOR THE MONEY!! There is NOT a lot of money to be made. They do it because they love it. Vets are smart enough to be human doctors (they have the same grades and test scores in college as med school applicants), but they chose to be paid half as much because they LOVE helping animals.