Atlanta, Georgia

I have a healthy 3year old German Sheppard. Came home in the evening to find him looking weak and throwing up.

he had been all evening i called and checked the internet i thought that he had eaten something or has an upset stomach. woke up at 6;30 am and he was still miserable and dry heaving, i called banfield and they advised me to bring him in right away, thinking that he would receive some much needed medical attention once i got there i found out that the doctor doesnt get there till 9 am. Called back to check at 9;30 still no doctors i went back to working and called back at 11;30 am he was still back there and nobody had seen him yet. finally they did and ran all these tests on him also gave him a shot and he was out.

the doctor called me at 5;30 and said everything looked good i asked her, what was wrong she said she wasn,t sure that she had done xrays and all was fine. he was just waking up and still trying to dry heave,she suggested all these other shots and fluid treatments for him, knowing he seemed in pain i said yes, something struck me to ask the doctor this question even though it seemed dumb.

Called her back right away and asked did you check his throat /neck the nurse said she wasnt sure would talk to the doctor and call me back.I made it there in 5 mins they found a ball in his throat big one, i was so glad that he was ok, but they charged me for the treatment she suggested on the phone 650$ later i left very upset , i thought this was common to check the throat before all of it worst of all my dog was there from 7;30 am to 7 pm. I will never go back there again....

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

They always do the obvious things last. They want to get as much money as they can out of you before they really help your pet. Terrible place .

Thank you for providing this feedback. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals did not meet your expectations. It is our mission to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.If you would like to address any of your specific concerns and help us improve our overall service please call out Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288.