Update by user Apr 25, 2011
Banfield Pet Hospital at Culver City, CA
Original review posted by user Apr 25, 2011
Long story short, I have bullet pointed my issues below with the Banfield Pet Hospital inside Petsmart.
- Was promised a 39.95 monthly plan but continuously being charged 66.95
- Was promised that there is no contract and can cancel at anytime obviously that is not true after I read the terms and services when I got home, but I have no problem paying what was promised at 39.95 a month for 12 months. Except that is not the case.
- Immediately called after the first bill to correct the issue of being over charged. Customer service rep can not do anything to help, ever! Since then (Nov 2010) I've been refereed back and forth between the POS (point of sale) and the Call Center.
- Was informed the extra charge was tagged on because of some sort of neutering program which will provide a neutering operation for a discounted price at Banfield. Even though I never asked for it, and the dog was never neutered at Banfield, everyone at Banfield seems to understand that I am being over charged, but no one can do anything about it.
- After a 3 months battle between the Call Center and POS, I involved American Express premium dispute service.
- Banfield put AMEX on to the same infinite loop of ping pong tactic between themselves and the Point of Sale.
- American Express decided to Block Banfield from charging me and credit back all the charges until the issue is resolved.
- Banfield now calls me once a week since March 2011 asking me to pay. Each time I explain the situation patiently and each of them sympathized and wanting to help with promises of "someone will call you back with a higher authority." Unfortunately, no one ever calls me back.
- 4th week of April 2011, again received another call asking me to pay them. but this time the representative said she can get me customer service supervisor on the phone, but all she did was cold transferred me to the regular call center, on hold for about 8 minutes decided to hang up.
I've already filed a complaint with the CA consumer affairs. Federal Trade Commission, and BBB. Also wrote an email to the CEO of Banfield Named John Payne. email@example.com
Today I called the client advocacy team directly. They told me they usually don't deal with issues like this and they only handle complaints on the actual pet health procedures. But he is going to try and help me. After a 20 minute conversation, and many times being placed on hold for him to talk to someone with higher authorities, he finally told me that "there is nothing we can do for you, suing us seems like the only option left."
I called back to the store one last time to see if they can help me correct the mistake, once again was told that there is nothing they can do.
I have worked in customer service all through out college and a few years after. In my 7 years of customer service, I have never ever told a customer that there is nothing I can do. I have always trying to help and come to a compromise solution then to do nothing at all. and I have never ever suggested a customer to close their account as a solution. It blew my mind when I called back today after speaking with the hospital manager to see my options, instead of again fixing an issue which i have no problem paying 39.95 for the rest of my dog's life, they decided to close my account with my payment of $402.27.
All I have to say is, this company take advantage of those pet owners with no experience in owning a pet. and they don't take their customers very seriously. losing a customer is nothing to them. I'd recommend staying away from them, and find a local veterinarian who actually cares about your pet and are willing to work with you because they care about the health of your pet instead of looking at your pet like a dollar sign.
I have found a local pet hospital now who charges 5-10 dollars per vaccine and 60 dollars per deep teeth cleaning, and 35 dollars for blood test and all the grunt work Banfield provided for 39.95 a month or better yet a mistake of 66.95 a month and refuse to correct the mistake.