Banfield Pet Hospital - Killed my ferret

My ferret went in to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth pulled, and never came out.The Doctor kept saying it was because of his age.

It was because that was the first ferret he ever did. Dr. Pearson, if you need to know. In Tempe, Az.

on Elliot and Hardy in the Petsmart.

I know he gave him to much anaesthesia and he will not admit to it. He was playing and eating less than a few hours before he went in. He was 6 but had at least 4 more good years. He was not supposed to go like this.

Then they send me flowers.Shove your flowers where the sun don't shine you MURDERER!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Banfield Pet Hospital Vet Service
Review category
Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
review #891770

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Banfield Pet Hospital? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 08 #1196443 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

So sorry. My dog was also murdered by a Banfield in NJ so I know exactly how you feel. Report the scumbags to your state veterinary medical board.

1 15 Reply

Sep 04 #1208034 Orange, California

Imagine the poor customers that has to deal with your *** self! Your compassion is awe inspiring! Thank you for reminding me why I would NEVER entrust my pets in Banfield's care. You all are pure evil.

0 8 Reply

Sep 29 #1220196

Riiiight. A person can become an instant veterinary expert after their pet dies and libel an actual real veterinarian in public with ill-conceived theories, but the people who call them out are the "evil" ones. Go back to your trailer.

7 0 Reply

Jul 31 #1192652 Rancho Cucamonga, California

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing a pet.
I do have to say this though. I've worked in veterinary medicine for 6yrs and counting. I did USED to work at banfield, but I'm no longer there.
If a pet passes away under anesthesia, it does not necessarily mean that it was anything that the vet or the staff did wrong. Anesthesia, like everything else, is never 100% safe.
When I worked at Banfield, one of my own dogs stopped breathing after his dental as we were extubating him (taking the tube out of his throat). Luckily we got him back. It was nothing that my vet or the tech did wrong. It just happens sometimes, unfortunately. He was fine throughout the entire procedure (I watched the whole thing) until it was time to take the tube out.
Now, obviously I don't know what exactly happened to your baby because I wasn't there.
But unless you know for a FACT, and have evidence to back up your claims, I would advise against slandering the vet, as they can sue you.. Banfield notates everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. From the exam before the procedure, to every piece of monitoring they did, medications used etc. You can get copies of everything and have another vet look them over. I am not saying this to be mean. I'm trying to help you. I know how hard it is losing a pet. I know how heartbroken you are right now. But try not to let the anger take hold, until you know all the facts. You can call the hospital and ask that the medical director get in touch
... Show more

13 1 Reply

Jul 31 #1192662 Pomona, California

I just reread this and have to add to my comment.
There's no such thing as giving "too much" anesthesia. That's not how anesthesia works. When a pet is under anesthesia, they have someone performing the procedure and they have someone strictly watching and monitoring the patient (heart rate, anesthetic depth, pulse, temp etc)
There are numerous reasons this could have happened. It could have been his age, it could have been he had a reaction to the pre medications given, he could have been sensitive to the anesthesia etc.
Like I said, numerous things it could have been. I'm not saying for sure the vet wasn't to blame and I'm not saying for sure that they are.
I don't know much about ferrets in general, but if they are like bunnies, I know that bunnies can be sensitive to anesthesia. But that doesn't mean they can't go under.
The only way to know for sure what happened is doing a necropsy. I know you are extremely hurt and hest broken and it's completely understandable. But when something like this happens, everyone automatically wants to place blame on the vet, when most of the time it's not anything they did wrong. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. But please do not bash a veterinarian without knowing FACTS and having the proof to back it up.

16 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Banfield Pet Hospital. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Banfield Pet Hospital.
Filing a new complaint about