Banfield Pet Hospital - Left part of foriegn body and the internal sutures fail
Update added by user Mar 28, 2015
It's been a long time now and I do not believe I can do anything about what happen to Simon.I still bad mouth Banfield.
They killed him by their neglect.I was surprised to see that people are still reading this.
Original review posted by user Apr 17, 2010
My two legged pitbull was killed by the office politics of Banfield.They not only over charge for their services, which are often provided by the tech instead of the vet,but they put the dollar before caring for the patient.
I took him in because he had been vomiting for several days, and was not himself. They found a blockage in his stomach and it was also a linear blockage. they performed surgery that nite. On day 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11.
I either called or had him in the office. He still was not eating or drinking, he was not showing signs of healing at all, no energy at all. At one point I thought he was getting better he ate. Then he vomitted.
He played with his ball for a few minutes. Then the next day he was not. They kept sending him home with Anti- naseua meds. NOt once did they ask me if I would pay for an xray or anything else to diagnose the problem.
They had no problem charging me for the meds but never asked me if I would pay for an xray. On day 10 I took him in for his stitches to be removed. I told the tech my concern and all she could say was, he has to move diferently, so he may take longer to heal. I was then escorted out.
I called back after going home and asked why the dr did not see him. They said to bring him in but I couldn't take him back in that nite. So it had to wait til morning. On day 11 I took him back the vet came in and said oh yes you are right there seems to be a problem.
we are going to do this n that blah blah blah. The vet leaves tech returns hands me a bill and informs it is cash upfront. I all ready was charged 1500.00. And now my dog is critical and they have to have 800.00 more.
I dont have it, i ask if they could at least give him a boluce of water.No He would have to be a patient.
He died two days later under the care of another vet who really tried to save his life.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Poor Surgery Service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "Here's the hackjob Banfield did while my dog was getting spayed yesterday..."
- "We bought a kitten a couple of weeks ago from PetsMart at 2242 Hwy K in O'fallon, Missouri, where Banfield also offers veterinary services. Recently we nearly paid $40 for..."
- "Freddy was exactly one year old when i took him into Banfield in Midtown, Miami to get neutered. I picked him up after his surgery, and the doctor told me..."
- "Bought this brand new off the lot... we have had the Frig door fall off 3 times.. we had the threshold toilet valve rupture and flood my trailer. We have..."
- "I purchase many of the wigs that are pictured on wigsbuy.com and lacewigsbuy,com. I was curious as to how they come up with their USD prices which in most cases..."
- "I called Casting 360 and the lady, who probably sits in the Phillipines, (as my wife is from there and I am very savvy of the accent) was very eager..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."