Update added by user Mar 28, 2015
It's been a long time now and I do not believe I can do anything about what happen to Simon.I still bad mouth Banfield.
They killed him by their neglect.I was surprised to see that people are still reading this.
Original review posted by user Apr 17, 2010
My two legged pitbull was killed by the office politics of Banfield.They not only over charge for their services, which are often provided by the tech instead of the vet,but they put the dollar before caring for the patient.
I took him in because he had been vomiting for several days, and was not himself. They found a blockage in his stomach and it was also a linear blockage. they performed surgery that nite. On day 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11.
I either called or had him in the office. He still was not eating or drinking, he was not showing signs of healing at all, no energy at all. At one point I thought he was getting better he ate. Then he vomitted.
He played with his ball for a few minutes. Then the next day he was not. They kept sending him home with Anti- naseua meds. NOt once did they ask me if I would pay for an xray or anything else to diagnose the problem.
They had no problem charging me for the meds but never asked me if I would pay for an xray. On day 10 I took him in for his stitches to be removed. I told the tech my concern and all she could say was, he has to move diferently, so he may take longer to heal. I was then escorted out.
I called back after going home and asked why the dr did not see him. They said to bring him in but I couldn't take him back in that nite. So it had to wait til morning. On day 11 I took him back the vet came in and said oh yes you are right there seems to be a problem.
we are going to do this n that blah blah blah. The vet leaves tech returns hands me a bill and informs it is cash upfront. I all ready was charged 1500.00. And now my dog is critical and they have to have 800.00 more.
I dont have it, i ask if they could at least give him a boluce of water.No He would have to be a patient.
He died two days later under the care of another vet who really tried to save his life.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Poor Surgery Service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "I mistakenly signed up for the Puppy Wellness Plan with auto monthly payments...BIG MISTAKE!... Once Banfield has your credit card on file; you are subject to whatever they choose to..."
- "My ferret went in to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth pulled, and never came out. The Doctor kept saying it was because of his age. It was because..."
- "multnomah county loves to profit off of family heartache,when i tried to get my grandma moved into a assisted living home,they talked her into staying at home with a 10..."
- "Swift was an ok place to work for about the first couple years. First week of orientation great. Good staff and great students in the class. The lodging that swift paid..."
- "I dropped my car off for a diagnosis. SI called me back with the diagnosis and I decided that I would have the car towed back to my house. When..."
- "Georgia power deserves to be dismantled. This company could care less about safety. They are arrogant dictators with zero respect for the public they serve and the property owners they..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "Received a broken cup. For a week and half I have been trying to get ahold of company to either send a new cup or refund my money. ..."