Banfield Pet Hospital - LIED about what tests would show. Said "necessary" $450 of TESTS for a healthy cat with perfect vitals. Tests were ALL NORMAL. Vet NEVER came to see Lynx, and I was lied to.
My healthy 1 year old Bengal had escaped outdoors, and had twelve hours of diarrhea. I wasn't concerned, but my aunt called to see when we should be, if it continued. I thought I'd just bring him in for a glance, to make sure he wasn't showing some awful symptom I missed - but by the time we got there, his diarrhea was resolving.
His vitals were completely perfect. He had a perfect temperature, was at a healthy weight, his skin was elastic and he was hydrated. His only problem, diarrhea, was for a short period of time (12 hours) and resolving. ANY OTHER vet operating under the proper level of care would have actually sent a real vet to examine Lynx. EVERY OTHER vet would then have told me, ‘his vitals are all good (they were exactly healthy, see attachment), and he's had an extreme stress, and his diarrhea is resolving (as meticulously documented and shown to the vet tech with descriptions of the diarrhea showing it was resolving) and so let's watch him, and come back Monday if he's not better.’ By then, I should have been told, if the diarrhea was still present, further blood work and fecal work would be in due course. That’s absolutely what should have happened.
Instead, the vet tech made me hold Lynx down, while the temperature was taken, and she messed it up - he was in extreme pain, and the therm came out bloody, and he didn't forgive me for holding him down with all my force while it happened and he screamed. I'm still scarred from where he clawed me.
The VET NEVER CAME TO SEE LYNX. Instead of the vet, the vet tech just came back and said he needed over $450 in tests - I was in shock, and repeated, that he was healthy, his vitals were perfect, why so many tests - I had complete records of his full vaccinations and the tests that were ordered were being taken already, when the tests came back COMPLETELY NORMAL other than a slight white blood cell count increase, which I now know is symptom of the diarrhea.
Still, vet assigned $150 in medications although we didn't know what or if something was wrong … I refused them, and only bought two to help the diarrhea but I never used them because Banfield forgot to include a syringe for me to give him the meds. ALSO, the diarrhea was GONE by the end of the day.
But more important, the tech, and vicariously the vet, and vicariously Banfield, directly deceived me with regard to several tests administered, as to what they would show - I'd been explicit, the only problem we're looking for is the past 48 hours during which he’d been exposed to the outside. The problem was limited to under 12 hours. I was told he had “colitis” as if it was a real problem that needed to be found out. I later researched and realize, colitis is almost certainly a result of having diarrhea in the first place, not a sign of a deeper problem unless for a longer period of time and a sicker cat. I was lied to. Told he needed over $400 in tests without the vet even taking a glance at Lynx and despite the above information, when the cause of events was so short that the tests would not be necessary in light of the fact that if he did even have something wrong like his organs malfunctioning, the tests were administered too soon after the event to be of any use to me.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Exploitation of services
- Staff attitude
- Exploitation of finances
- Lied about procedure
- Lied about what tests would show
- Reason of review:
- Lied to me about what Lynx needed, to charge hundreds $$$ in tests for a healthy cat
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund of costs, in addition to compensation for the explicit lies about what the tests would show, what Lynx needed, that I had to ask repeatedly to actually see a vet, that my request to do the tests one by one was ignored. Egregious treatment.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Banfield Pet Hospital Physical Exam
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Elvis was seen on 9/22 for a urinary blockage, Dr. Singh informed us Elvis would die if we didnâ€™t have the blockage removed and refused to put him to sleep..."
- "My two legged pitbull was killed by the office politics of Banfield. They not only over charge for their services, which are often provided by the tech instead of the..."
- "I have seen the health arrangement go downhill for a few years now. One of my pets was given the correct medication for a contamination, however a large portion of..."
- "I have had the Premium In-Home Plumbing Repair contract with Dominion Products and Services for the past several years. The reason I selected the premium service over the standard was..."
- "I was charged $102.00 + fees $144.00 for this AWFUL arrangement that arrived late. ..."
- "I will make this short. Stafford branch. i wanted a certain haircut (see photo of model) and they offered me to have it layered. so i went to another..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."