Banfield Pet Hospital - LIED about what tests would show. Said "necessary" $450 of TESTS for a healthy cat with perfect vitals. Tests were ALL NORMAL. Vet NEVER came to see Lynx, and I was lied to.
My healthy 1 year old Bengal had escaped outdoors, and had twelve hours of diarrhea. I wasn't concerned, but my aunt called to see when we should be, if it continued. I thought I'd just bring him in for a glance, to make sure he wasn't showing some awful symptom I missed - but by the time we got there, his diarrhea was resolving.
His vitals were completely perfect. He had a perfect temperature, was at a healthy weight, his skin was elastic and he was hydrated. His only problem, diarrhea, was for a short period of time (12 hours) and resolving. ANY OTHER vet operating under the proper level of care would have actually sent a real vet to examine Lynx. EVERY OTHER vet would then have told me, ‘his vitals are all good (they were exactly healthy, see attachment), and he's had an extreme stress, and his diarrhea is resolving (as meticulously documented and shown to the vet tech with descriptions of the diarrhea showing it was resolving) and so let's watch him, and come back Monday if he's not better.’ By then, I should have been told, if the diarrhea was still present, further blood work and fecal work would be in due course. That’s absolutely what should have happened.
Instead, the vet tech made me hold Lynx down, while the temperature was taken, and she messed it up - he was in extreme pain, and the therm came out bloody, and he didn't forgive me for holding him down with all my force while it happened and he screamed. I'm still scarred from where he clawed me.
The VET NEVER CAME TO SEE LYNX. Instead of the vet, the vet tech just came back and said he needed over $450 in tests - I was in shock, and repeated, that he was healthy, his vitals were perfect, why so many tests - I had complete records of his full vaccinations and the tests that were ordered were being taken already, when the tests came back COMPLETELY NORMAL other than a slight white blood cell count increase, which I now know is symptom of the diarrhea.
Still, vet assigned $150 in medications although we didn't know what or if something was wrong … I refused them, and only bought two to help the diarrhea but I never used them because Banfield forgot to include a syringe for me to give him the meds. ALSO, the diarrhea was GONE by the end of the day.
But more important, the tech, and vicariously the vet, and vicariously Banfield, directly deceived me with regard to several tests administered, as to what they would show - I'd been explicit, the only problem we're looking for is the past 48 hours during which he’d been exposed to the outside. The problem was limited to under 12 hours. I was told he had “colitis” as if it was a real problem that needed to be found out. I later researched and realize, colitis is almost certainly a result of having diarrhea in the first place, not a sign of a deeper problem unless for a longer period of time and a sicker cat. I was lied to. Told he needed over $400 in tests without the vet even taking a glance at Lynx and despite the above information, when the cause of events was so short that the tests would not be necessary in light of the fact that if he did even have something wrong like his organs malfunctioning, the tests were administered too soon after the event to be of any use to me.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Exploitation of services
- Staff attitude
- Exploitation of finances
- Lied about procedure
- Lied about what tests would show
- Reason of review:
- Lied to me about what Lynx needed, to charge hundreds $$$ in tests for a healthy cat
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund of costs, in addition to compensation for the explicit lies about what the tests would show, what Lynx needed, that I had to ask repeatedly to actually see a vet, that my request to do the tests one by one was ignored. Egregious treatment.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Banfield Pet Hospital Physical Exam
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My dog, Dudu (that's 10 yo)fell off the stairs, he was really nervous at the time, he couldn't move his front left leg. I'm just 14 years old, so my..."
- "For my son's birthday I adopted a Burmese kitten for him. He was so excited and elated. As many shelter pets our new kitten contacted a URI infection. I took..."
- "Banfield sedated my dog to turn her upside down and shake her to remove fluid from her lungs, it stopped her heart. I don't have proof her heart stopped, but..."
- "This company located in Woodbridge Virginia has nothing to do with all of the complaints on this web page. The company APPLIANCES CONNECTION is in New York, and the complaints..."
- "I too go suckered in. Loosing your hair is very emotional and HC will take advantage of your vulnerable state. They make sure you sign a contract during..."
- "I purchased a torque converted from Monster Transmission with a 3 year warranty. Installed it and it worked great for a 6 months to a year. My car..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."