Dallas, Texas

Banfield Pet Hospital diagnosed my pet with a Mast Cell Tumor in February 2013. I was told that it would be nearly $800 to remove the "mass" and I was instructed to give my dog 1/2 a Benadryl x2 daily.

I was fooled into purchasing their "Wellness Plan" because this would help "save money" - although I soon learned that their prices were so inflated that even with a "discount", it was still way above industry average. Anyway, after a few weeks of stressing about how to pay for the surgery, I decided to get a second and third opinion. The mast cell tumor turned out to be a WART. You can imagine how elated we were to hear this news but also upset because we felt mislead by Banfield.

Once I confronted them about the diagnosis they told me that they can't be held responsible for the diagnosis because they outsource their labs - and that there is error in diagnosing sometimes.

After a lot of back and forth, they told me that I could get out of their wellness plan if I agreed to sign a confidentiality agreement and promise to never sue them in the future. I find this to be a very strange proposition for a company that claims to have done nothing wrong...

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments