4445 N Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89108, USA
2.1

I bought my cat in to be examined. She was breathing hard and in bad shape.

This condition came on suddenly the previous night. I just moved to Vegas the previous night. I picked banfield because they had a coupon for a free exam. I should have kept looking.

They charged me $650 for a office visit. Most vets would include the office visit and exam as the same service. Then they gouged me $250 for a abdominal xray. Then they told me she had fluid in her lungs and to get her to the emergency hospital and that would be at least $1500.

Or I could pay $200 to euthanize her. I left with her. I went to a local vet the next day for a second opinion. He said there was no fluid in the lungs but some was around the lungs.

He also told me about a tumor bigger than a golf ball that was pushing against her lungs and pushing other organs out of place. He said there was nothing that could be done to save her. No drugs, no surgery. They would have charged $150 to euthanize.

I asked what that xray would have costed at his clinic. He said $125. All the stuff Banfield wanted me to do would have not done a thing for her. I suspect Banfield might be getting a kickback from the emergency clinic they tried to send me too.

They proved to me they are all about the money. They gouge people on services taking advantage of their love for their pet.

I will never go to another Banfield again. I eventually had my beloved cat euthanized for $25 at a non-profit animal shelter.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Overcharging for services.

Comments