Banfield Pet Hospital - My dog died

315 of 1393 Banfield Pet Hospital reviews

My dog died after receiving the vaccine in Banfield in Countryside..I so sad because he was our baby in home

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Unqualified Vets
Review category
Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
review #517757

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Banfield Pet Hospital? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 4 No 4
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
315 of 1393 Banfield Pet Hospital reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
PABARGA

Apr 15, 2015 #972309 Victorville, California, United States

A LOT OF PETS DIE FROM OVER VACCINE.CHECK AND RESEARCH WHAT EACH THING IN THE SHOT COVERS.SOME THINGS DON`T NEED TO BE REDONE EACH YEAR. SOME THINGS ONE SHOT AND THEIR GOOD FOR 5 TO 7 YEARS. YOU DON`T HAVE TO HAVE A 7 IN 1 YOU CAN GET A 4 OR 3 IN ONE SHOT. WHY HAVE ALL THAT EXTRA CHEMICALS GOING INTO YOUR PET IF NOT NEEDED. WHY GET A SHOT FOR LYME DISEASE WHEN YOUR DOG WILL NEVER BE EXPOSED TO TICKS FOR EXAMPLE.KNOW WHAT THE DOCTOR IS PUTTING INTO YOUR PET!

2 9 Reply

Nov 05 #1236713

They are the professional supposedly and have records of what they give each year before, being the supposed pros, they should know not to give the same each year, they wouldnt give you a tetanus shot every year. And also pets should not die from vaccine, most vaccines are a denatured virus or inactive virus and shouldn't cause serious issues, if the strain made the dog die then something was wrong or the complications arose from the dogs body creating antibodies, all seems far fetched to me and prabably they just put too much into your dog unnecessarily. So sorry for your loss

weloveparrots

Mar 18, 2015 #960015 Pennsauken Township, New Jersey, United States

I am sure it was Banfield's fault, in one way or another! You should report them to the state and let the state vet. medical examiners decide. So sorry for your loss. I know how bad it hurts because Banfield in Deptford, NJ killed my dog, Missy.

4 9 Reply
KevinRichards

Mar 18, 2015 #960025 Orange, California, United States

I remember you, you told us a sad story about how your dog died and then you told us that you would rather it is your daughter that died instead of your dog because you loved Missy more than your child.

4 3 Reply
MrsLea

Aug 20, 2014 #859315

So sorry.

3 0 Reply
zsraven

Aug 10, 2014 #854483

God Bless your Spike. My heart breaks for you... My best little buddy Snort had a VERY bad reaction to those *** vaccines! We almost lost him too. What people don't realize is the vaccines given to our animals are NOT the same Quality or anything else as with humans. Usually the vaccine is live, not good! My baby was SO sick, it wasn't till then we researched the vaccines & found out how BAD they actually are, especially for the little guys. SHAME on those drug pushing Vets!
We will say a prayer for you & your Baby.

3 10 Reply

Jun 16 #1173824

YES! SHAME ON THOSE VETS..
Shame on them for trying to prevent your dog from getting extremely sick. Shame on them for trying to prevent your dog from dying from an illness that is easily preventable. Shame on them for trying to prevent the extremely large vet bill that comes with your pet getting parvo, distemper, leptospirosis etc.
God, they are just such terrible people!
I hope you detected the high amount of sarcasm in my comment. Because you sound like an absolute ***.
A pet, just like a human, can have a reaction to anything. In all the years I've been in the veterinary field, you wouldn't believe the amount of allergic reactions I've seen to natural things like tea tree oil.
Just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's safe.

5 1 Reply

Nov 05 #1236718

Your an inconsiderate *** to comment on someone's post that lost their pet form a vaccine. Here someone goes trying to trust the vet and not told it may kill the dog and not told that any dog has ever died from that vaccination. Saying shame on them for trying to prevent an illness that is easily prevented, must not be easily, cause it didn't get the chance to prevent, it killed. Have some common respect. You must work in the same manner so you took defense to it.

0 1 Reply
bcareful

Aug 06, 2014 #852347

Sadly vaccine reactions can happen in any pet. For that matter animals (& people) can have a reaction to almost any medication, even something as common and well known as apsrin can be fatal. There is no such thing as a 100% risk free medication sadly, so people need to educate themselves. However, out of all of the hundereds of thousands of animals vaccinated every year only a tiny percentage have any problem, so be careful of spreading misinformation or uneducated 'scare stories' in case you scare someone away from getting their pet vaccinated because far far more pets die of diseases like Parvo, Lepto, Lyme etc that could have been easily prevented if they had been vaccinated.

14 4 Reply

Nov 05 #1236720

The vets are the ones that are supposed to educate the pet owners. That's why they went to school. You wouldn't be expected to look up what medicines to take and have look up how to do a heart transplant would you, if you did it would be just to check it out right? You woukd expect the doctor to provide you with info and trust in him. Such jack behinds. You must be one of those treat your own dogs with tractor supply stuff,

dzlegac

Aug 05, 2014 #851580

To anonymous - I say this only because I feel, in general that jumping to the idea of a law suit is wrong, although you were probably trying to help comfort the dog's "parents." I am the "parent" of a very large dog and two suite cats. But things do happen which are beyond the control of anyone and everyone. Lawsuits like you are suggesting are why we live in such a sue happy environment. Lawsuits should be reserved for people who don't practice due diligence, defined as "the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons or their property," (Merriam-Webster Online) who are sloppy in their work or who are hurting others maliciously. Granted, you can sue for anything, but it causes a lot of heartache and money for both sides when people sue just because something went wrong.

10 4 Reply
dzlegac

Aug 05, 2014 #851576

If it was a memorial page for your pet, why mention the hospital. It does look kind of leading . . .

2 1 Reply

Aug 04, 2014 #851461 La Grange, Illinois, United States

I hope you pressed charges. I go there just to buy dog food. I would never go there for the vet. Thank you for posting this so close to my house. I go to the one in Darien.

2 11 Reply

Jun 16 #1173825

Pressed charges? Please tell me you're joking and you aren't that ignorant.
Vaccine reactions can't be predicted. If a pet has a reaction to a vaccine, it is NOTHING that the vet did wrong.

3 0 Reply

Nov 05 #1236726

Can't be predicted? You say that and another comment says it happens all the time even to people, it may not can be predicted cause you just never know, but being a Vet, the ones with Dr. in their name, they should very well inform every single person every single time what the stats are on pets dying with vaccines. PERIOD. If they were not warned at all, and this person may not have the slightest clue about stuff, what if it was a show dog that had thousands of dollars in to the pet and the vet give a vaccine without letting the owner know that animals have had reactions before or died. That is wrongful death and neglect. If a doctor didn't tell you and gave you child a shot and your child died wouldn't you be upset, same goes for an animal. But your prabably one that thinks oh well its just a dog.

Luvmypets

Aug 04, 2014 #851053 Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

Lack of information. What happened? Allergic response? Vaccine given wrong? Given to a sick animal? This review does not say anything about it being the Clinics fault or the situation that could potentially make it their fault. Medicine is not perfect. Vaccines are also not a guarantee ever- most doctors will tell you this.

13 3 Reply

Aug 04, 2014 #851268

Nothing happened, it was just an allergic reaction, this is just a memorial page for my pet. I never blamed the clinic, this is just unfortunately something that happens, so I decided to make a memorial page here.

1 11 Reply
Red

Feb 04, 2015 #941075 Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

I'm sorry this happened as I am a dog lover myself but "pissedconsumer" does not in ANY way sound like a memorial page.

5 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Banfield Pet Hospital. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Banfield Pet Hospital.
Filing a new complaint about
×