Countryside, Illinois
Featured Not resolved

My dog died after receiving the vaccine in Banfield in Countryside..I so sad because he was our baby in home

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

Victorville, California, United States #972309

A LOT OF PETS DIE FROM OVER VACCINE.CHECK AND RESEARCH WHAT EACH THING IN THE SHOT COVERS.SOME THINGS DON`T NEED TO BE REDONE EACH YEAR.SOME THINGS ONE SHOT AND THEIR GOOD FOR 5 TO 7 YEARS.

YOU DON`T HAVE TO HAVE A 7 IN 1 YOU CAN GET A 4 OR 3 IN ONE SHOT.

WHY HAVE ALL THAT EXTRA CHEMICALS GOING INTO YOUR PET IF NOT NEEDED.WHY GET A SHOT FOR LYME DISEASE WHEN YOUR DOG WILL NEVER BE EXPOSED TO TICKS FOR EXAMPLE.KNOW WHAT THE DOCTOR IS PUTTING INTO YOUR PET!

to PABARGA #1236713

They are the professional supposedly and have records of what they give each year before, being the supposed pros, they should know not to give the same each year, they wouldnt give you a tetanus shot every year. And also pets should not die from vaccine, most vaccines are a denatured virus or inactive virus and shouldn't cause serious issues, if the strain made the dog die then something was wrong or the complications arose from the dogs body creating antibodies, all seems far fetched to me and prabably they just put too much into your dog unnecessarily. So sorry for your loss

weloveparrots
Pennsauken Township, New Jersey, United States #960015

I am sure it was Banfield's fault, in one way or another!You should report them to the state and let the state vet.

medical examiners decide.

So sorry for your loss.I know how bad it hurts because Banfield in Deptford, NJ killed my dog, Missy.

to weloveparrots Orange, California, United States #960025

I remember you, you told us a sad story about how your dog died and then you told us that you would rather it is your daughter that died instead of your dog because you loved Missy more than your child.

MrsLea

So sorry.

God Bless your Spike.My heart breaks for you...

My best little buddy Snort had a VERY bad reaction to those *** vaccines! We almost lost him too. What people don't realize is the vaccines given to our animals are NOT the same Quality or anything else as with humans. Usually the vaccine is live, not good!

My baby was SO sick, it wasn't till then we researched the vaccines & found out how BAD they actually are, especially for the little guys.SHAME on those drug pushing Vets!

We will say a prayer for you & your Baby.

to zsraven #1173824

YES!SHAME ON THOSE VETS..

Shame on them for trying to prevent your dog from getting extremely sick.

Shame on them for trying to prevent your dog from dying from an illness that is easily preventable. Shame on them for trying to prevent the extremely large vet bill that comes with your pet getting parvo, distemper, leptospirosis etc.

God, they are just such terrible people!

I hope you detected the high amount of sarcasm in my comment. Because you sound like an absolute ***.

A pet, just like a human, can have a reaction to anything.In all the years I've been in the veterinary field, you wouldn't believe the amount of allergic reactions I've seen to natural things like tea tree oil.

Just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's safe.

to Anonymous #1236718

Your an inconsiderate *** to comment on someone's post that lost their pet form a vaccine.Here someone goes trying to trust the vet and not told it may kill the dog and not told that any dog has ever died from that vaccination.

Saying shame on them for trying to prevent an illness that is easily prevented, must not be easily, cause it didn't get the chance to prevent, it killed.

Have some common respect.You must work in the same manner so you took defense to it.

Sadly vaccine reactions can happen in any pet.For that matter animals (& people) can have a reaction to almost any medication, even something as common and well known as apsrin can be fatal.

There is no such thing as a 100% risk free medication sadly, so people need to educate themselves.However, out of all of the hundereds of thousands of animals vaccinated every year only a tiny percentage have any problem, so be careful of spreading misinformation or uneducated 'scare stories' in case you scare someone away from getting their pet vaccinated because far far more pets die of diseases like Parvo, Lepto, Lyme etc that could have been easily prevented if they had been vaccinated.

to bcareful #1236720

The vets are the ones that are supposed to educate the pet owners.That's why they went to school.

You wouldn't be expected to look up what medicines to take and have look up how to do a heart transplant would you, if you did it would be just to check it out right? You woukd expect the doctor to provide you with info and trust in him.

Such jack behinds.You must be one of those treat your own dogs with tractor supply stuff,