Fort Wayne, Indiana

I took him to get him neutered last Monday, and this weekend his surgery got really infected, and we panicked I know I shouldn't have, but I cant help it... any way I took him to Banfield Vet Hospital inside the PetSmart, and all I wanted them to do was to check him out and give him some antibiotics...What a fiasco that was...First of all the Vet was afraid of George.

Of course George knew this, and he started feeling uneasy, but the worst part was that they just wanted to sell me stuff, and wanted to do all this things like blood work, and anesthetize him, and wasn't listening to a word I was saying, she was even trying to sell me a plan that included tooth brushing!!! DUDE HIS BALLS ARE IN PAIN!!!! GOOD BREATH IS NOT GOING TO HELP HIM WHIT THAT!!!! Just give him some antibiotics for the infection!!!

any way she wanted to charge upwards of $568 dollars!!!!

WHAT A RIP OFF!!! Sorry just had to vent, I mean can you really be a good vet if you are afraid of a dog that's trying to kiss you?

Comments

What is wrong with some of you insensitive vet techs? Have some compassion for pet owners.

I worked at a animal shelter in a low income area, and many cold hearted oeople would drop off their old dog, even knowing the witch lawyer of that animal shelter would require the pet to be on a three day hold, before it was put down. People refuse to feed their dog, and the poor animal would be dropped off starved. I can go on and on. So, have you vaccinated 50 animals in one day, impounded 50 or more animals, or cleaned two full cat rooms, you have no clue what work is.

At least owners you deal with care about their pet. If you ask me for the prices gouging, playing on owners guilt for more profit, you are more of a monster than negligient owners that drop off abused owners. Obviously, the staff of these locations are not well trained, and have little care for their charges. My God!

Why would these places not invest in blackets, newspaper, and disposible kitty litter. Who would just allow an animal sit in its own waste? I have never encountered an agency so callous. Here is an idea get of your high horse and do your job.

Stop blaming the customers for not understanding poorly communicated instructions.

Even poorly run pounds take the time to give instructions and treats ill pets with medication. I can see why employees like you get so many.complaints!

Geez! I don't know what kind of vet techs would be so insensitive to have posted the comments you did.

I'm a tech also, and I do understand the frustrations of the job. However, as techs, we should have compassion for an owner who is obviously concerned for their pet. And yes-Banfield tries to rack up charges like crazy! This owner was obviously worried and frustrated about her dog's pain and discomfort and trying to do what's best for him.

As you're well aware (as techs), there are too many owners out there who do not care for their pets as they should and we should be glad that this person loves her dog as she does. We are all guilty at times of self diagnosing, relying on google for answers or listening to our friends regarding such situations. You seem jaded and may need a break or a new profession. Remind yourselves that the owners bring their pets to us because they love them and they care.

Always try to put yourself in their shoes. Also, try to remember that our current economy affects what people are capable of spending, no matter how much they care for their furry family member. Before you scoff at my comment because you are thinking I'm probably a new tech and haven't "heard or seen it all", think again.

I've been doing this for years. And as I ststed earlier, I do understand the frustrations in relation to the job.

If you read more comments on Banfield you will see nothing but bad reviews so the concern for their pet was very appropriate. Why try to sell dental when the pets is in pain and owner panicing.

All you rude vet techs see is a frutstrating situation for yourselves before speaking about common sense use yours and read the other reviews. Maybe the only remedy offered is through a vet.

Also, Banfield is known for misdiagnosing pets as shown in the other comments so read before speaking and coming off as a big *** Just because your a vet tech don't mean you know EVERYTHING! Otherwise there wouldn't be so many BAD REVIEWS!

IfHumansHadDogsSouls

I love the Vet Tech's comment! Exactly!

If you knew what your dog needed, why go to the vet?

I am a Vet Tech also, and am so sick of clients who think they know better than the doctor. I do think it's a bit over the top to be selling wellness packages at that point, but the bloodwork and anesthesia were probably necessary.

Good for you! No idea you were a Vet also!

I'm sure the doctor had no idea that you were qualified to diagnose and decide the treatment for your dog. Perhaps next time there's an issue, you can take care of it yourself at home and at no charge! Also, I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with you failing to follow post surgical care instructions.

I'm so sorry that common sense completely eludes you. Good luck!

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Tazito17 - I hope your dog is feeling much better after recovering from his infection. I understand your frustration and am sorry about your experience at our Fort Wayne location.

After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. We strive to provide exceptional customer service to our customers. We truly appreciate your honest opinion about your experience with us. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com so we can better understand what happened?

Thank you again for letting us know, we look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Most sincerely,