Washington, District Of Columbia

I am so upset right now. My cat is in the emergency animal hospital right now after spending the day at Banfield.

I have the Wellness plans for both of my 3 year old, indoor cats. They have always seemed as if they love animals from the people that you deal with but today, I realized that they are corporate scam artists. I always knew it sounded fishy, all of the things they do to the cats, and they are always trying to upsell you to get more tests and all. I took my two cats there today because they had been vomiting over the last few days.

Well, they said that the cats were both also due for comprehensive exams, vaccinations and dental cleanings, which are all covered under the plan. I said that I agree to this, except that I didn't want the vaccinations if they were sick. They went ahead and gave them the shots among other things, and charged me for random services amounting to $92. That is fine.

I will spend whatever I have to keep the cats healthy. However, this time they did way too much to my one kitty Bisquie who is normally very healthy. A few hours after I got him home, his eyes began to swell shut and he was falling all over the place. He was def not right, and I started to really panic, as I have never seen him this way.

I called the local 24 hour hospital and they said I needed to bring him in. Bisquie vomited a ton on the way there and was looking like he was going to die. I have never been so scared. When I showed the vet there his paperwork from Banfield, she was appalled.

She said there is no way any one animal could have or should have gone though vaccinations, anesthesia, and blood work in one day, especially if he was not feeling well to begin with. My cat was having a severe allergic reaction to the vaccines. The ER doc proceeded to tell me that indoor cats should not get those vaccines and do not need them whatsoever. I wish I could turn back the clock 24 hours and trusted my own instinct.

I am no vet, but I knew this was not right. I am pretty certain that Banfield is a racket, and they only care about the money.

WHat a sick, twisted corporation that makes profit by preying upon the most innocent beings on Earth and poor people who think they are doling out for the best possible care for their pets. It is a shame, and I am going to expose the $#!% out of them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Vaccination.

Comments

sterler

the only way this would be banfield's fault is if the bloodwork on your cat was not healthy. even then, a vaccine reaction is never predictable and not something that the hospital is liable for.

vaccine reactions happen all the time. what's more concerning is the fact that the other vet stated that these vaccines were not necessary and should never have been given to your cat. not sure what vaccines were given, but fvrcp and rabies are considered standard of care by the avma. not sure where the other vet gets info from and once again not sure what vaccines were given, but if those were two of them, they were right to do so.

even feline leukemia and fip vaccines are not without reason. One should always remember that any vaccine can cause a reaction, these are not predictable and can be treated as needed. in addition, any anesthetic procedure is not without risks.

if your pets preanesthetic bloodwork looked good, there is no reason that the attending vet wouldn't have proceded with the dental. no one can predict how a patient will react to any of these things.

#195773

if your cat dies can i eat it, i am really hungery.

#195747

Ugh - The fact is she told them NOT to give it to the cat them doing it anyway was a fault on their part. So yes. It is their fault.

Read: "Well, they said that the cats were both also due for comprehensive exams, vaccinations and dental cleanings, which are all covered under the plan. I said that I agree to this, except that I didn't want the vaccinations if they were sick. They went ahead and gave them the shots among other things, and charged me for random services amounting to $92."

She did not agree to the shots therefore Banfield IS at fault.

We make it our mission to provide our clients and their Pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. We apologize that any of your visits to our hospitals were unsatisfactory. To address a specific concern, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call us at 1-877-500-2288 to tell us what happened.

Your cat had a reaction to a vaccine. It's not the vet's fault.

It's not Banfield's fault. NO ONE is at fault for a vaccine reaction. This reaction would have happened if the cat had been under anesthesia or not.

Pets have reactions just like kids do. It happens.

SFflipper

you should make a claim with your state's veterinary board