Took her in for a cough. The doctor squatted down and listened to her heart.

Said she at fluid in her lungs. They did not do a blood test or xray and never put her up on the exam table. Sold me 300.00 worth of medicine and said take these pills. She absolutely got worse on these pills.

The following weekend, she passed away. Do not take your pet here. I think the heart worm medicine shot they gave her before was the cause. They should have done tests on her and tried to find out exactly what the real problem was.

The rest of the workers were in back laughing and cutting up while my pet was sick and needed help.

If I could file suit against them I would. This happened in Feb 2018 and we are heartbroken over this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Veterinarian.

Comments

Hello, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I too lost my best friend and the love of my life at the hands of Banfield vets on July 13th of this year.

She died just 14 days after she went in for her dental cleaning. I'm still an emotional wreck and very angry. The morning of the 13th, we woke up and an hour and a half later she was gone, this was after THREE Banfield hospitals claimed they couldnt see her because all appts were taken even after I told them she was struggling to breath, we were still turned away. we rushed her to a regular Emergency animal hospital where they tried to save her, but she didnt make it.

I knew immediatley that Banfield was responsible for her death and I was going to do whatever I could to hold them responsible. Within a week after her death, I showed up at Banfield and requested ALL her records and xrays. The online records that you have access to do not include the doctors notes and that was what I wanted. So before they could change anything or try to cover up any mistakes, I made sure to grab the records and notes.

It was exactley what I needed to prove my case. To show that two of the vets, one being an Associate Vet and the other a regular vet were incompetent, negligent, wreckless and responsible 100% for her death. Unfortunatley people in our situation want to file suit against the doctor or practice however in the eyes of the law, pets are considered "property", not a family member and therefore its almost impossible to file suit to hold the doctor or practice liable. What we can do however is still sue, but it would have to be done in small claims court as a civil suit.

All states have different maximum amounts that you can sue for. For instance my State of Virginia has a maximum amount of $5000. Although that would never amount to the pain and suffereing I have dealt this, its still holding them accountable in some way, rather than not doing anything at all. The only other way to hold them accountable is to file a class action lawsuit against them.

This would mean having to find other owners who wish to sue due to negligence, incompetence and could prove that theyre doctors were at fault for they're pets death.

A class action involves victims in any State. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you do have some options to help legally and again I'm very sorry for your loss.

@Lisa A

Thank you Lisa for your concern and so so sorry you lost your precious baby too. Thanks for the info also.

I personally think these places need to be put out of business. They are a rip-off and really do not care about your pet. Although we surely miss our precious little Daisey Bell, we have adopted a little boy named Casper from Humane Society of Northwestern Louisiana and he is adorable. Then we just bought a little female Yorkie and everything is going good.

We never forget our Daisey. She is on my mind each day and night. I still cry.

We are back using our local vet again where there is loving going on and great service to pets. This place now has a new Vet Dr and is a wonderful group of caring people.

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews