Bradenton, Florida
2.3

In Bradenton, FL - I called in advance and spoke with the MANAGER Kyle. I asked the fees for services my son's gide dog for the deaf needed for travel, the following is what he quoted me and also what they tried to charge me once I was there.

FAVN Rabies Test on phone quoted $88.00 - in office after test was done $367.00

EU (European Union) Health Certificate on phone quoted $137.50 and I was told this price included mailing cost to and from the USDA in Gainsville, FL - after about 1 hour of them not knowing what forms they needed and did not know what an EU form was they tried to charge me $169.00 and I was told it did not include the mailing.

And after all this they wanted to charge me $42.50 for the office visit. I ended up walking out the office and going back to my own vet which charge us $275.0 total for everything.

Warning: when it sound too good to be true - it is.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

This type of testing and the FAVN certificate/certification for out of country pet travel is not routine for Banfield.

The certification paperwork, documentation and the mailing of all the paperwork/forms is quite time consuming.

One is better off going to a private vet's office (as you ended up doing) a private vet has better knowledge of this particular pet travel certification procedure.