South China, Maine

Banfield pet hospital was not my first, second, or even third choice because they are not an exotic veterinary hospital but I could not get into my exotic vet for a week and tried to get in somewhere else because my chinchillas needed to be seen right away. I was told that they could see and treat chinchillas by them.

The first visit seemed ok and the vet seem to know what she was doing boy was I ever wrong and my beautiful pets paid for it with their lives. I had to take them in a couple weeks later because they had stopped pooping. The vet at this point misdiagnosed them and put them on a motility drug to get things moving and completely dismissed the fact that they were dehydrated and needed sub-q fluids after me asking about it several times and didn't do an X-ray. I thought well she is the vet and I am not so maybe they aren't dehydrated.

I realized that this woman had no idea what she was doing on the third visit when one of my chinchillas got worse and during the visit she said that there could be a blockage and refereed me to someone else. The second emergency vet said she was severely dehydrated and gave the sub-q fluid but by that time it was too late she was dying and nothing could be done to save her. If you put a chinchilla on a motility drug with a blockage it causes an intestinal rupture and day later my second chinchilla became really sick almost instantly. I was able to get her in to an exotic vet and have X-rays done that showed that there was a possible blockage and a possible rupture.

She passed as well several hours later. This woman killed my babies and I don't want my money back I want her fired for what she did...

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi anna36 - We are sorry about the loss of your chinchillas. After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information regarding the care that your chinchillas received at Banfield. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com? Again, we are so sorry for your loss.

Most sincerely,