Wichita, Kansas

I adopted a dog and took him to a Banfield clinic in Wichita, Ks. This dog had been seen by a Vet the day before and given a clean bill of health.

Well, before all was said and done the dog was kept for almost 7 hours and given numerous medical procedures. I signed up for their discount plan to save me money. When I called the shelter and told her about all the things they were finding wrong with the dog, she told me to take the dog and get out! To late as they had the dog in the back and had given chest x-rays, blood work, etc.

and I had to pay for them. Here is the real kicker. I told an employee there that I was going to take the dog back to the shelter and ask for my money back as I did not want a sick dog. She said to cancel the Wellness Plan the next day as I didn't need it for a dog I no longer had.

Well, the Practice Manager there named Colleen decided to bill me FULL CHARGES with no discounts after I cancelled! I now have paid over $500 for a dog that I had less than two days. And when I contacted the Vet who had seen him one day before I adopted this dog, said the dog was in "perfect health". So, I am now trying to get Banfield to give me a break on these charges but so far nothing.

One other thing i would like to point out. I recieved a letter from a collection agency regarding this visit. They told me I owed x amount of dollars because I had cancelled the Wellness Plan and was not entitled to any discounts that I had recieved at the time of visit! I was shocked because I had not been contacted by Banfield in any manner to let me know there was a problem.

They simply turned it over to this collection company without any attempt to contact me and let me know whats going on. Just a total mess and their person in charge is very unsympathetic. She doesn't care that I am out all this money for a dog I had for a very short time. Its a sad situation, as I am handicapped and living on a fixed income.

I just don't understand why a company would treat people this way.

I am hoping that someone from Banfield's Client Advocates Team will step up and do the right thing. I think I have paid enough both mentally and in $$, for everything I have went thru with this nightmare.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Patton2012

Update:

Despite 3 more attempts to have someone contact me on this situation, I have not recieved a single response from Banfield. I even asked for Lisa the manager in above response.

Was told she does not deal directly with people who call in. Had to go to someone else on their staff.

Are you kidding me? What is wrong with this company?!

Lisa.

I have contacted your Relations Team. Five times including today.

Five times and no one can give me an answer as to why this happened and I was treated this way.

I have talked with Lindsay, talked with Bailey, etc.

No one seems to care about what happened. If you want to talk to me personally, they have my number.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Patton2012 – I hear your frustration, and I’m truly sorry that the plan did not meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us - could you please contact our Wellness Plan Relations Team at 866-894-7927 or WellnessPlanRelations(at)banfield(dot)net to talk with us about what happened?

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and let us know. Most sincerely, Lisa Banfield Online Community Manager