Dallas, Texas

I pay for the Wellness Optimum Plan every month. My dog was vomiting blood and I called Banfield to take my dog in and the bastards told me that they weren't excepting anymore animals for that day.

They also gave me several numbers to call , but I would have to pay a $90 Office Visit.

Why in the *** am I paying them every month and I can't even take my dog there for an emergency. I think Banfield not a good plan and then they trap you because if you cancel before 12 months, you will be charged.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Anonymous - I hope your dog is feeling much better! I'm sorry about your experience at our Dallas hospital, and we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com so we can help improve your experience? We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Most sincerely,

The Banfield Team

I can understand your frustration but bear in mind that depending on what time you called them they may have been closing for the day or only had 1 dr who was already fully booked/busy. Blame the corporate managing not the poor people who work at the hospital.

I worked for them in another state a few years ago & they normally are made by management to overbook with appointments meaning that if a sick pet calls there is no space to fit it in that day because they vet is too busy with all the regular appointments (can range from 20-35 pest per vet per day - then ask yourself how much time they get to spend with each of these pets).

I would caution pet owners that most Banfield's are NOT NOT NOT emergency hospitals - they is basically for preventative care (vaccines, spays, neuters, non-emergency cases like skin/ears etc). They are just too overbooked to deal with truely sick pets, but that is not the fault of the techs or vets who are just trying to deal with what management books for them