Tulsa, Oklahoma
4.0

I see numerous complaints about the unnecessary charges and it is on these reviews for a reason, they are not isolated incidents! Banfield needs to take a step back to the basics and care about their customers and their pets and not just try to make an extra buck!

I have mixed emotions about Banfield, I have been a customer for 12 years. I like that I can call them for questions and the quick no charge service for issues that do not require extra work (x-ray, lab etc.). The staff has overall has very friendly over the years and treats my pets with love. However, I do not agree with what they would call a discounted price for customers with the Banfield plan that you pay for monthly.

Anytime I have an issue, they try to upsell service's to me. I understand that this is a business but I don't want to feel like if I have an medical issue that they turn into the untrustworthy car repair man and try to get you to do unnecessary and costly work done to my pet to meet a goal for the month. My dogs are my family and I take it seriously, I want to trust my Vet and have a good relationship where I don't feel the obvious upsell that they have given me over the years. Yes, I have stayed for the free services that I pay monthly for and not having to pay for the annual check up, but when my dogs in the past had cancer I took them to a local vet for a 2nd opinion and their costs were always less and this is after the office visit cost was included in their price.

Our office visit is supposed to be free, why are they charging more without a office charge and our discount that we are supposed to have been given? As you can see this is a problem that the corporate office needs to seriously evaluate and consider. I see numerous complaints about the unnecessary charges and it is on their reviews for a reason, they are not isolated incidents!

Banfield needs to take a step back to the basics and care about their customers and their pets and not just try to make an extra buck! Respectfully, Banfield Customer of 12 years

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Re-evaluate your pricing to meet the area standards and be more competative. Re-consider the upsell that you push Vets this is unprofessional and untrustworthy..

Banfield Pet Hospital Pros: I both like and dislike.

Comments

What many clients don't realize is that they are under no obligation to purchase prescription medications, flea / tick products or hart worm medications from their vet's in house pharmacy. Nor should any vet or employee automatically fill and bill any in house prescriptions without the clients permission and availing the client of the total costs.

The majority of prescription medications, hart worm and flea & tick products can be found elsewhere for a much more reasonable cost, providing the client does a little price comparison shopping at their local pharmacies and big box pet supply companies. If the vet can't price match, request the vet write you a prescription and get it filled somewhere else at a lower cost.

Vets aren't charities. They have to 'sell' in order to pay the Dr's, their nurses, their receptionists, pay their rent & for lab equipment, utilities, medications, insurance etc etc.

If a business isn't profitable it will shut down. I don't know why so many people expect for vets to be super cheap, it costs a LOT to run a Vet office, those costs have to be paid for somehow.

@Anonymous

I understand exactly what your saying. However, its not just Bandfield that does upselling.

I use several vet services for my pets depending on what level of care is needed and every vet has their own upselling tactics. Some a bit pushier then others, but never the less its upselling of additional services, medications, vaccines etc.

I'm not one of their easier clients to deal with as I have a medical background and I'm fully aware of medical terminology and what I'm being told and what's trying to be sold to me. However, the medical field is a business and any additional sales and or services provided are financially beneficial in order insure a successful profitable business.

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews